1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 10/29/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2014.

1. haydenfisher342

the beverley injury could be a blessing in disguise

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Solid win. Dwight somehow has to stay out of foul trouble. It's hurting us badly.

Bev- good defense today, but he has to improve on his decision making a bit.

Harden- slacked on D some today, but good overall offensive game.

Ariza- How did we get this guy for so cheap!?

Jones- Solid day. Really helped spread the floor on offense.

Howard- solid, but he's got to stay out of foul trouble.

Terry- Solid backup piece.

Cannan- he's got to be better for us. Not a good outing on either side of the ball.

Black- got to be a better rebounder

Dmo- when is his game going to come together? He has flashes, but its just not complete yet.

Kpap- his 3pt shot is getting better. Seems like a better backup PF for us than Dmo right now.

3. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Lin is on his third team.

AB had his own playoffs press conference as a Rocket.

[​IMG]

4. jim158

jim158 Member

At last a decent shooting night for kostas. He can and must hit these open shots . But he missed the fifth. He also made 2-3 mistakes in his defence. On the other hand with him rockets changed the rythm of the game on the First half with good team defence.
    He clearly needs time to improve. If he shoots reliably, i hope rockets will give him the time he needs

5. windwave

windwave Member

Lin is playing for the 4th team in 5 seasons, and they way he's playing right now, he won't be kept by the lakers next year and he'll be playing for 5 teams in 6 seasons.

6. Phamilton82

Phamilton82 Member

Gotta be pleased to see that they were able to maintain their composure when this game could've easily gotten away from them early on with this game being on the road in the second game of a back to back AND it being an opponents season opener. That's good to see so early on in the season, they'll get so much better as the season goes on

7. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Lol one is not like the other two:p

8. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Good win, Rockets still gotta work out some kinks though. Glad TJones turned up his game but still need to see more consistency from him. Offense looked stagnant at times tonight but Harden had an off shooting night. I LOVE Trevor Ariza, his 3&D fits so perfectly with this team.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Difference between Ariza and Parsons is that Hayward would have gone off for 26 tonight against Parsons.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

So does Troy Daniels, what's your point? It still does not change the fact that AB is a ****ty passer, extremely poor finisher, ineffective defender, and completely useless when his shot's not falling. I am ecstatic that Lin is no longer on the Rockets, but I would take him back before AB any day of the week.

11. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

lets not forget, he was let go by the mavs too, he has been with 5 organizations in his short time in the NBA....

12. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Just to be accurate, Brooks never scored 40 in a game vs the Lakers in 2009 (assuming that's what you are. Referring to). He did score 34 in one game and 26 in another.

13. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Some on topic thoughts after the game:

- Dwight you big dummy! Stop getting yourself in situations where you get hit by stupid fouls!
    - Harden was solid defensively for the most part, but still needs to keep his attention up. Offensively, I ain't worried at all.
    - T-Jones had a solid day. Could have been better.
    - PBev still plays too loose as a PG. He needs to settle down a bit. Hope he recovers fast though.
    - Ariza > Parsons, I cannot stress this enough people...
    - KPapa is who I thought he would be. Happy with the way he is turning out.
    - Black needs to use his athleticism more on getting rebounds.
    - Jet, so glad we have him as a spark off the bench. He is very good in that role.
    - D-Mo... go home scrub...

14. MONON

MONON Member

I would substitute Papa there as a real 3pt shooter. TJ can hit a 3 as he showed tonight, but I wouldn't classify him as a real 3pt shooter.

I really liked our overall defense tonight. Now we just have to get consistant with it.

OMG!!! I've been listening to the LP Rockets post game & just saw Murph's fall camouflage suit. :eek: That'll wake the dead for Halloween!

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dwight reaches far too much for a center. That's like rule number one, stop reaching so damn much.

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Harden had a great defensive game. He's really trying out there...

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I certainly appreciate the effort on D, though I would be much more worried about him as a star if his pride wasn't stung after the media clowned on him all last season. :p

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

Were Harden and Howard bickering in the first Q? Not sure what I was seeing there. Dominating start for Howard-- only the refs could stop him.

Pap made some nice plays, aside from the 3s. Few mess-ups, too, but he keeps at it. Has some playmaking creativity.

Jet is winning me over. DMo, turn it on, please. I miss Troy.

2-0. Nice start. Thanks Ariza.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I'm sure there was no real scouting report on the Jazz with so many new guys and a new coach.

Rockets showed they could make in-game adjustments. Coaches also threw in a lot of new combinations on the court. It will take time for guys to get chemistry with the different combinations.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Howard can be so frustrating. Tons of turnovers, bad fouls, getting blocked, and goaltending