1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 3/12/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 12, 2016.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Spurs lost in the first round last year I guess Tim Duncan was just a lazy fat ass who didn't play D.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Tim Duncan has his times 4 and Duncan is how old?

#882 fchowd0311, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

You're better than this half-assed rebuttal, SF3 :grin:

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Trevor Ariza has had at least 2 steals in 15 consecutive games, the longest streak since Baron Davis in 2006

5. hakeemthagreat

Kobe was convicted of rape? When was he convicted?

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It's not a half assessed rebuttal. You had no answer for what I originally said. It's clear that Harden is a great player. One player cannot do it all thats the point. The NBA is still a team sport. The Trailblazers were equal to us in the standings yet you are acting like we were the first seed losing to the 8th. No they were talented. We also had a winning season that year and made the 4th seed so what I said holds true, he had Chandler Parson scoring almost 20 a game that year with him. Tim Duncan and co were talented and and a game or two in back of us last year but they met a very talented Clippers team, so it's not about losing in the first round, it's about who you lose too.

Harden needs help in that way he is like Melo. Again Curry has Klay Green and Kerr. Duncan has Leonard, Aldridge, Tony Parker etc.. Lebron James had Bosh and Wade and he has Irving going into his prime and Kevin Love. Chris Paul has Griffin and Deandre Jordan. It's common sense that a human being is not going to be perfect every game. To have a better team with other people who step up means you win more games. Harden won a lot last year because not only was he playing Jordan like but he had other guys step up. This year no one at all not even Dwight has stepped up. Morey needs to get his **** together find real players and a real coach soon instead of us blaming the one guy who actually makes us look respectable most nights. We need better players with higher Bball IQ's.

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

I answered your sentiment of "Harden's needing scoring assistance" with Dwight's numbers.

The main issue against POR wasn't James' supporting cast... it was James. He performed far below his regular season standard, except for his half-assed defense.

Responding about a 38-year-old player, proven winner, whose heart and leadership has never been questioned was silly.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You clearly didn't read what I said and you're still missing the point. Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Ginobili, Leornard, they all went home in the first round last season. It doesn't matter whether I said Tim Duncan or any other player on that team they went home because they faced comparable talent in the first round. You are upset because it doesn't jive with everything was Harden's fault. We need more talent it's literally that simple.

9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

No, sir... I've read everything and understand the exact point you're trying make.

"Harden needs more (offensive) help"

I showed you help - 26.0 ppg 55% FG

Rockets still lost and James was the primary reason.

Specifically regarding the Spurs' losing.. it does matter who you compare James to when the comparison are proven winners, whose heart and leadership has never been questioned. They got beat, it happens. But they've built up credit and have earned respect. Harden hasn't proven he can have a good postseason, much less being a winner, having heart and leadership. He hasn't even proven he can play solid defense for an entire game. Think about that for a minute.

Never said and don't believe everything was on Harden. McHale and Jones were bad.

Mostly James' fault? YES --- .376 FG% / .296 3PT% with half-assed defense.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No you've still missed the point. The Rockets were successful that year, they lost because they met a team in the first round who were also successful that happens in a stacked West. Its the same thing with the Spurs last year. They were a good team but they met a really good team in the first round. So my original point was that Harden is like Melo this year because Melo like most stars need help and they are only successful when they have help one person cannot do everything. So yes Harden had Dwight's help that year and they were successful but they met and equally successful team in the first round.

You don't blame the best player on your team because he is playing the best ball you look elsewhere and add talent with your best player. BTW I didn't just say offensive help, the Rockets need more talent period but it would help him greatly if there was another guy who could average 20 as well, even Damian Lillard has that.

The Rockets have the worst bench in the league has it ever occurred to you that if we had the best bench in the league we would win about 10 - 15 more games this year. Our bench accounts for the bad season we've had not James Harden who is averaging 28 and 6.

11. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Oh, POR was good too... that's why Rockets lost. No player(s) on a losing team should ever receive blame for a loss, if teams are evenly matched. The Oilers didn't choke vs BUF. Both squads were evenly matched and one team had to lose.

I wasn't speaking on this season. Just showing that Harden has had help, specifically '14 Playoffs, and still didn't get the job done. That FACT doesn't mean he can't or never will, it simply means he didn't in that particular situation.

Spurs are still a horrible example as they have already proven themselves. Rockets/Harden have not.