1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 2/27/2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Game Information, Potential Radio Links, Rockets History vs. Hornets
    http://www.clutchfans.net/nextgame.cfm?NextGameID=3265

Game Chat Starts At 6:00pm
    http://www.clutchfans.net/chat.cfm

Previous Game: Rockets 123, Nets 108
    Box Score | Videos: <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=201539" title="Houston Rockets video">Terrence Williams touchdown pass</a> | <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=201539" title="Houston Rockets video">Chase Budinger's alleyoop</a>

The Rockets2K TV Listings
    Game is televised locally on FSN-Houston.

Thanks,
    Clutch

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Budinger vs. Ariza, a.k.a. the guy Morey shipped out to give Budinger playing time.

If Bud the Dinger pulls off another good offensive game tonight, this when he faces a good defender and a good defensive team, we might have something interesting on our hands.

3. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Nice, lets go for 4 in a row. Push for the playoffs! Go Rockets.

4. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

Hopefully, today will not be a reality check.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I haven't been this excited about the Rockets since the Martin trade. I love that the young guys are getting minutes and I hope they can continue this streak and make a strong push for the 8th seed.

6. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

I'm really liking our lineup we have so far. I only wish that we can get a legit center that's decent enough to start over Chuck

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

8. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Rockets win, 97-96.

Landry scores five points.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This team is looking very fluid in offense. Im the DennisCD of Mr.Morey. Thank you Morey for getting rid of Battier. My soul can rest in peace now.

We win this game and Rick would all of a sudden be thought as the savior.

10. red rocketz

red rocketz Member

cant wait :grin:

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

David West is going to light us up, as usual. If Chuck can shut him down in the 4th, we have a chance.

12. valorita

valorita Member

Keys to this game:

1) Guard Paul 1v1 and limit help defense. He, similar to Nash, would prefer to get his teammates involved. His offensive game is not enough to outscore a high-powered offensive team like ours. Even if he scores 40, we should make sure that none of his teammates are going off.

2) David West should be guarded by Chuck. This might be Scola's worst matchup and if we hope to have any type of defensive success, we need to put Hayes on him and leave Emeka for Scola.

3) Run, run, run. The hornet's have a strong starting 5 but we have the deeper bench. By the 4th Q, fatigue should set in.

13. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Martin and Budinger paired = scoring threat squared.

The Hornets will not be able to double Martin without uncorking (uncapping?) Bud. With teams no longer able to play 5 on 4 (no one had to guard Battier), Martin can easily score 30. Despite the defensive dropoff (but not a great one), I really like this scoring tandem.

14. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

Win! Games are going to much more enjoyable to watch now that there has been a few trades. Finally TWill, Lee, and Bud pick up more minutes.. Thabeet needs to be working w/ C Dawson, Mutombo, Hakeem and Yao. He is TALL.

15. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

16. mazinger

mazinger Member

[​IMG] :rolleyes:

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Win or lose, I expect a good game.

18. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

PREDICTION

David West goes off, CP3 held to less than 15 points due to good defensive pressure by Lowry and Dragon, but 14 assists.. T-Will scores well off the bench, Bud scores 15, Martin goes for 25... we have tons of fast break points.. WE WIN 4 games in a row.. :grin:

19. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

20. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

We have to win 2 of these 3 next road games: @NOH, @POR, and @LAC

@LAC is a must win. We gotta win one of the other 2. Portland one is going to be tougher game than this one. Hornets have struggled recently so better chances to beat them.

Kevin should have great game.. easy matchup against Green guy. He is shorter than kevin.. can't really stop Kevin. Kevin got 2 fouls on him last time if I remember right.

Should not miss Battier's defense this game.. Ariza is not a true scorer. Bud should attack the rim a lot.. force Ariza to concentrate on defensive end and be a non-factor @ offensive end.

Houston has a chance if they can grab a decent lead by 3rd. If the game is close @4th then we will be in trouble. Hornets are good at closing games. We really need to grab an early lead and run away with it.

Really looking forward to this game.. I hope Chase and Lowry reunion will do wonders rest of the season. Martin and Scola are going to be great themselves. Off the bench, would love to see Dragic, Lee, T-Will run a lot and score in transition.

I actually think this team will be fine till the end of 3rd... they can really keep up with scoring.. but problems going to be in 4th where they will need stops. If they can just defend with effort late in the game, this team will be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.