1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 10/9/2007 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

yes but remember he wasn't the only rocket with 5 fouls . So saying that Scoila was a foul machine is quite an exageration when you look at the big picture.

2. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Well atleast mcgrady seems more like his old self. This is still a preseason game so he probably didnt care too much (like the whole team).
    Funny because it seemed like that NO and CP3 actually tried to win, and we still barely lost to them.

3. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Yea, the third quarter was their starters vs our bench.

What was most telling to me was how the rockets scored 92 points with Mac only getting 4 of them.

Something tells me the rockets are going to be a much more balanced team offensively this year.

4. acer01

acer01 Member

Nice observation. By the way, first post here.

5. moses22

moses22 Rookie

true but stevie has more to prove than t-mac if you look at mike and rafer they looked focused i was lookin at steve on the bench and during his few minutes he looked lost and unmotivated but it is only the first game and he only did play five minutes

6. cujo

cujo Member

people analyze way too much after only one preseason game. All the players look like they trying to learn a brand new system..that's all I got from this game.

7. poprocks

poprocks Member

Exactly, that was the point I was trying to make. Takes time to learn a new dance.

8. normy85

normy85 Member

I am really really proud of the whole team and their game even though they merely lost. For those who whined about the game, it's only ONE preseason game and it takes time to learn the new system from a new coach with new teammates. In fact, I thought they would fare much worst then this. But now I believe on their first season game against the LA Losers on Oct 30th, they will be ready to kick some ***. Go Rockets!!!

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Stevie did look a bit lost but unmotivated not true. I saw him tell the team my bad when he made one mistake and then another time shake his head like he was upset with himself. He is having a harder time adjusting now but this is like no offense he has ever been a part of. For all his hot dogging that people complain about, Stevie is used to playing in an offense with structure. He didn't always follow that structure but in the end that's what he knows. And now he is being asked to be a part of a motion offense that depends on instinct and that is not his specialty at all. The Rockets don't even have a set play yet. So it will take him sometime to adjust if he even can. Right now it's way to early to pass judgement.

10. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Fire JVG! --oh.. I mean... :)

I enjoyed watching the offense move although sluggish. They're gonna look really good once the season starts!

Oh and I also think that those white kicks don't go well at all with the red uni.

11. moses22

moses22 Rookie

i think he played rafer and mike a lot jus to see who is going to start this season not so rafer's trade value can go up and next game you might see steve and aaron brooks sharing time

12. abcdef

abcdef Member

One thing I really, really didn't like seeing: Yao feeding Bonzi in the post. This did happen once, and I don't want this to see this again, ever. Yao is a far superior post player to Bonzi; he's no Brad Miller. Bonzi should be feeding Yao in the post.

13. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

And if poprocks had watched the game, he will notice that 3 of those 5 fouls were called when he was making those pick & roll with his team mates.....and everybody knows the rules for PNR in international basketball is not as stringent as those in NBA.

So all he needs is time to adjust to the new NBA rules, and he ain't a foul machine. No big deal..... :rolleyes:

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Adelman has already RUINED Stevie!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

But seriously, folks...

Keep in mind that Steve is adapting to a new system AND new teammates. Same goes for James and Scola. But it stands to reason Rafer would be more comfortable playing with Yao, TMac, Battier, etc. because he knows their quirks. (Sure, Steve played with Yao before, but that was Yao v1.0 -- not the new badass YaoXtreme!)

15. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I don't know how much you've seen Bonzi play in the past, but lets just say the guy is damn good down there...if there is one other player after Yao on our team who'd I want to see post up, IT'S BONZI (That's if it's the Bonzi of old)....

I would love to see more of that.........

16. abcdef

abcdef Member

I've him enough to know that I'd rather have Yao in the post. Yao is one of the two best post players in the NBA, and Bonzi is not the other one. Bonzi should not take post touches away from Yao, which is what he's doing. Yao is not Brad Miller. He should be getting post feeds from Bonzi, not the other way around.

17. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Anyone know when or if R2K will post the game and/or highlights?

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

there's an awful lot of conclusion jumping based on a pre-season game with no set plays introduced. steve's getting ragged on but he played 5 minutes, let's get real here.

i guess it's my turn to predict the future. ;)

scola looks like the real deal. the fouls are absolutely expected so i'll live with that. offensively he's going to excel immediately.

bonzi looked fantastic.

rafer is the best pure pg on this team, though i think we all knew that. we don't need him out there anymore than 20-25 minutes because he has legit weaknesses, but his ball-handling ability and the way he runs the offense is too important to just cast aside. he may become somewhat expendable as players pick up on the offense but he's pretty valuable for the time being. we also need to see what steve can give.

the reports that francis has been among the slowest to adjust should be no surprise. his biggest weakness is his iq/decision making. the question for me, was where does he stand athletically, and he showed us a little of that tonight. he can't be our starting pg, atleast not right now, but he can attack the basket. i'm excited to see some more of him.

harris played as advertised. he'll probably take snyders job, but who knows at this point.

yao looked good in the high post but i wouldn't worry about how much he played there. adelman will get him in the low-block.

tracy played like he really didn't care but he ran smoothly and didn't look slow like last pre-season. it was nice to see him attack the rim early on that break, take the hit and bounce back up.

19. IMissJVG

IMissJVG Rookie

Because when your team is loaded with scorers, you need to have an unselfish distributor. It's a pretty simple concept. And we're not the Lakers either.

20. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Novak did play well,nine points 2-3 from 3pt line.
    Some info bout him,I did not watch the game!