1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 10/27/05

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Oct 27, 2005.

1. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

DW looks tired already, the hornets were playing like it was game 7.

2. Mooch

Mooch Member

3. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

4. waterflea

waterflea Member

Even more classic is this one from ESPN

6:33
    4th HOU Juwan Howard Offensive Foul. His 7th Personal Foul. :confused: :confused:

5. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Ya, it's really odd. Look at the PBP:
    http://scores.nba.com/games/20051027/HOUNOK/PlayByPlayPrint.html
    (3:09) [HOU 86-85] Bowen Jump Shot: Made (3 PTS) Assist: Alston (5 AST)
    (2:40) [NOK 85-86] Butler Layup Shot: Made (8 PTS)
    WTF happened?
    The next point:
    (1:12) [NOK 86-86] Claxton Free Throw 1 of 2 (13 PTS)
    (1:12) [NOK 87-86] Claxton Free Throw 2 of 2 (14 PTS)
    (1:00) [HOU 88-87] Head Driving Layup: Made (2 PTS)
    (0:00) [NOK 89-88] Brown Layup Shot: Made (13 PTS)

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Speedy Claxton absolutely killed us. With Wesley and DA and even Moochie we did not have enough speed to control him. It was like last yr with the Mav's. Allston had a lot of fouls and is not very good defensively. I think Head should have been given a chance to see if he could have bothered Claxton at all.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Here's the thing - when PJ Brown hit that game winner (of a preseason game against us, minus our best player) and his teammates rushed out onto the court and hugged him like they just secured a playoff seed, I thought it was so sad that I was happy they won. I mean, if it means that much to them....

8. ebu

ebu Member

IT Did mEAn a LOT TO them winning their fiRST GAME In THEIR NEW HOME (for now)...now thEY GAIned soME More faNS Over THere....pROps TO THEm for the GOOD GAME....wat THE roCkets gotta do NOW IS FOrgET bout the game, AND GET READY FOr gaME ONE OF THE SEASON.....go roCKets

9. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

The caps lock key on your keyboard is messed up, go buy a new one.

10. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I've been on record in the past saying that this kid (Darko) will be an all-star player in this league, and people can laugh at him now all they want, but when he becomes the best/one of the top 2-3 Euros in the league, then he will quickly make Detroit fans (or whomever else he signs with after his rookie contract is up) forget that they passed up on Melo.

11. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

LOL! Exactly my sentiment...I just can't hate on them, it's a sobering experience that makes you realize how lucky we are in Houston to have the Rockets with T-Mac and Yao and a bunch of other talented players on the roster, having an elite team to root for. I pity them, feel sorry for them, and I am OK with them winning this pre-season game if it really means that much to them.

As they say: one man's trash is another's treasure.

12. Win

Win Contributing Member

I'm ok with that... It's not often the Okies have much to live for :confused:

13. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

I know it's just a preseason game, but the guards were jacking up shots tonight which always pisses me off. Reminded me a lot like game 7 last year. Totally ignored Yao for most of the night. All I know is this better not happen in the regular season.

14. droxford

droxford Member

Lonny Baxter only played 12 min.
    Swift only played 10 min.
    Luther Head only played 4 min.
    Mutomobo didn't play at all.
    McGrady didn't play at all.

Meanwhile, Hornets played almost all of their starters for almost the entire game. We were just experimenting with our bench players and we still almost won the game against their starters. I'm not worried.

And, I agree - I'm glad they got the win. There were 15,000 people there cheering and hollering for a preseason game! That's some spirit and fan support right there.

15. blink

blink Contributing Member

just because we didnt play tmac or some of our bench players... we shouldve won. there is no excuse to blow a 20+pt lead. yao got zero love in the fourth.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Terrible last possession by Rafer. He dribbled to the free throw line, then turned around trying to post up Claxton (and travelling twice in the process which we were lucky the refs didn't call), then with nowhere to go he passes back out to Wesley on the perimeter for a desperation 3 with the clock running down. He needs to convert on a score or set up a decent shot when he has the ball in his hands instead of deferring to other players to bail him out. To compound errors, he let Claxton drive right by him and get all the way to the rim on the final possession, allowing PJ Brown to clean up for the putback game winner.

17. max14

max14 Member

LOL what's that supposed to mean !

Every team that lost in pre-season will have fans pull the
    xxx only played xxx minutes
    It doesn't really mean anything any more.

18. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I was also puzzled by Yao's lack of touches. The guards seemed content to use him to get their own shot all night long. It worked fine in the first half when the guards were hitting, but Yao never got involved in the game fully.

And the weirdest thing: as soon as Stro came into the game, they gave it to him on the block every time he asked for it. Yao couldn't get a pass when he had Lampe on him, yet Stro is treated like a number one option when he comes in.

It's just weird. Tmac's not playing, but they still don't go to Yao consistently...

19. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

wow the hornets crowd was goin bonkers...

they should keep the franchise in Oklahoma city