1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 10/27/05

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Oct 27, 2005.

1. paxil

paxil Contributing Member

Anyone know whether the game will be on the league pass?

2. jmejia

jmejia Contributing Member

Yes, the game will televise on league pass.

3. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Shooting's easier when there's no pressure, and nobody cares about the Hornets.

4. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

Bowen goes crazy and is the mvp. Luther Head drops 30 :)

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Will this game be on cctv5?

6. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

After that one game on CCTV5 went to tape delay, I doubt it. Maybe things will change during the regular season, but it makes more sense for them tape delay the games for prime time, than to show them at 8 in the morning or whatever.

7. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Only game I've seen in person at Toyota Center was the 2nd loss to the Bobcats. And my whole family was there! (not big Rockets fans) Still mad about that loss - it was my Christmas present from my wife!

:mad:

8. cfkiller

cfkiller Member

It's soccer time on CCTV5 right now. But don't worry, when the season starts there will be no more tape delay, all games will be broadcasted live. The only delay you'll experience would be the inevitable internet broadcast delay which is less than 2 minutes usually. :)

9. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

nevermind.. found it..

10. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

By the time T-mac comes back, he may becomes 6th man :D

11. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

DA is the man.

12. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I'm listening to the radio and looking at espn.com's box score. Are the Hornets really that bad? We don't have T-Mac and they don't have Chris Paul and Desmond Mason (yet). But a 17 point lead is ridiculous! It almost makes me want to retract my post in another thread that the Blazers might be worse. At least they have Nate McMillan instead of Byron Scott.

13. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I love the Mutumbo Rockets commercial. I dont remember what he said but its hilarious and scary at the same time.

14. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Poor Yao got a T and a 3 second within 5 seconds.

15. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I love mutombo commercials. I remember when he did those season ticket ads last year. I would always huddle in front of the TV waiting for deke to make his appearance. Who cares what he might be saying? His mere presence alone will get anyone to watch his commercial.

Willy Taveras had the same effect when he was doing those Gullo Ford commercials. I would always hope for those between innings. Stupid ford had to do their employee discount bs and they had to make a new commercial for that so willy T couldn't do his commercials anymore.

16. Win

Win Contributing Member

Anyone care to try their hand at sportswriter? I would realy appreciate an update on this game. TIA ;)

17. The Sensei

The Sensei Contributing Member

So who's going to start?

Jho or Stro
    DA or DW

It's been an interesting preseason, and with one game removed from the regular season, I still don't know who will be going starting.

What this preseason has shown me, is that we are lucky to have depth in a position that was our achilles heel(s) during last year's playoffs. SG and PF.

I trust JVG and his decision-making. He has to take into account how each compliments the 2 stars. We also have Deke and Barry to mix things up.

My projected starters:
    Rafer
    Anderson
    Tmac
    Howard
    Yao

Second unit:
    Wesley
    Barry
    Bowen
    Swift
    Mutombo

There's a thread about Yao and DA, and watching this game has reaffirmed that idea. Their pick and roll looks fluid, and DA's athleticism works well with Yao's point-center skills. Besides, DA's defense is better than Wesley's so he should get the start.

As a starter, Howard's responsibility is to knock down mid-range jumpers. He played this role to perfection last year, so no big difference here.

Swift in the second unit presents a defensive clamp next to Yao or Mutombo. He also adds freak athleticism in the front court.

Wesley's shooting will come in handy off the bench. He and Barry are the two key components to this team's chemistry, so having them on the court together seems like a good idea.

If and when injury occurs, we have Head and Baxter to fill in. I really like the make-up of this team, and their performance showed marked improvement in the past two games (vs. Memphis, OC).

Wait until T-Mac is inserted back into the lineup. SCARY!

#37 The Sensei, Oct 27, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  18. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

A T? What for?

19. fa7999

fa7999 Member

In 3 consecutive sequences, Moochie got his pocket picked and committed two offensive fouls. LOL!

20. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Never mind. They took it back.