1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 10/24/2012 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 23, 2012.

1. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I think we have to take White out for a test drive about now. We have to what we have out here. The number one thing I'm looking for.

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

White will be taken out to test drive in the D-league, where he doesn't have to travel.

3. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

Admin / Mods:

Can you include starting time in title or game details?

Ex:
    Game starts at:
    8:00 PM ET

4. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

U think we can get a good play with the hornets? If we loose people will say it is expected. If we loose, they will say we are scrubs :( sad.

5. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Game chat starts when the game starts. Also, unless it says otherwise, the game will always start at 7 pm central time.

1 person likes this.
  6. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

Really enjoy your site and thanks for clearing that up. Didn't realize Houston was located within Central Time Zone.

Going forward, for any future newbs (especially international fans), it may help to include game start time and time zone in your post (ex. "Game and chat starts at 7pm CDT). Or have a countdown timer till game time :grin:.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to tonight's game.

7. me005

me005 Member

Hope to see how much they improved defensively in the past week.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

excited about watching this game. The hornets will give us a good indication of where we currently stand as a team. Looking forward to seeing Anthony Davis v Asik, as well as watching how much better our rookies look than that chucker, Austin Rivers. On an obscure note, i'm actually looking forward to watching Morris and Forbes; especially Forbes, who I think has a really chance to contribute to this team.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

Ppatt is a game time decision so Jones may start. That would mean Davis vs Jones battle which should be really interesting to see.

10. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

I want to see Marcus Morris. The guy flat out play

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

-Assuming Austin Rivers is out with sprained ankle.

-The Jones Vs. Davis matchup will be a fun one to see for sure. I imagine those guys went after each other day after day in practice, so both know the other guys game very well. Should be a fun matchup.

-Looking to see a more dress rehearsal type of game from the Rockets since this there are only 2 games left in the preseason. Probably heavy minutes for starters, few minutes for bench warmers.

-Also wouldn't be shocked if Rockets announced the cuts of Brockman and Johnson before tonights games. Not sure if they are even with the team or not, but wouldn't shock me if they weren't.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Hornets by 8

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Patterson, strained left quad, game-time decision! per feigen

14. torocan

torocan Member

Hopefully everyone else is gtg...

15. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

With Patterson not 100%, the White experiment is going to see some extended time at PF.

16. King Boo

King Boo Member

D-League teams have to travel too. It's probably even worse as they don't get a private jet and have to take connecting flights.

17. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I am looking forward to seeing White has more playing time. His style of play reminds me Magic Johnson. I know I know, he is far far far away.

18. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

You sir....:confused:

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

With only 2 pre-season games left, I assume McHale will go with a dress rehearsal for the regular season. White might see some minutes in garbage time, but I doubt you will see much more than that the rest of the pre-season.

Most likely rotation-
    PG: Lin
    SG: Martin
    SF: Parsons
    PF: Jones
    C: Asik

Bench:
    PG: Douglas
    SG/SF: Delfino
    PF/C: Morris, D-Mo

Injured: Patterson

Bench Warmers:

PG: Machado, Livingston
    SG/SF: Lamb, Forbes
    PF/C: White, Smith, Johnson, Brockman

-When Patterson comes back, I expect D-Mo to get pushed out of the rotation.

-Lamb, White, Forbes, Machado might not see consistent minutes during the start of the season until injuries come into play, trades happen, or they manage to work their way into the rotation.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Dafuq?