1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 1/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2013.

1. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Will Gordon destroy Lin?

2. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Gordon's a SG, so will Gordon destroy Harden might be a better question...Vasquez will be the problem.

3. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I said, Train Kept A Rollin' all night long
    Train Kept A Rollin' all night long
    With a heave, and a ho
    But I just couldn't tell her so, no, no, no

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

Rockets need to come out with energy. Last night there was no energy amongst the starters. Only player that came out with energy was Parsons it seems. Harden was like 1-6 to start the game I believe.

5. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

NOH are nothing like the Lakers we played yesterday. We are not gonna run them out of building. Don't let their record of 9-25 fool you. They are playing great as a team as of late. Rockets will have to bring their A game.

The backcourt of Vasquez and Gordon can penetrate any defense with ease. Just like Lin, both of them prefer going to the right.

Davis and Lopez are both lengthy shot blockers. Lin and Harden will have difficult time scoring in the paint.

If we win, we will have to:
    - lower down the TO's
    - Stop penetration by their guards
    - grab our defensive rebounds
    - drop our 3's
    - out score their bench

Ugly game but hope we will come up on top!

6. archinkent

archinkent Member

Harden better not be guarding Gordon. I'm gonna call it a loss if that is the case.

7. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Trap game. Eric Gordon plays. They beat SAS last game.

8. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

If Gordon goes off on Harden then maybe Mchale will put TD on Gordon...and then bench Lin for Gordon going off on Harden and then leave Harden in??

9. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Or they could play 3 guards. It seems like the Rockets are unstoppable with 3 guards.

10. Champ06

Champ06 Member

This type of coaching decision is very encouraging to the players involve. :rolleyes:

11. steady

steady Member

Everyone: you will enjoy this article by SB Nation. Cheers.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/...ckets-2012-james-harden-jeremy-lin-legitimacy

Just a small excerpt:
    "Now, here's where the sober NBA analyst is supposed to dutifully note that teams that are hard-wired to run in the regular season are suspect in the playoffs until proven otherwise. Just wait until May when the games slow down and points are earned in the man's world of halfcourt slow-down offenses and grind-you-down defenses.

You know what? Screw all that. There's plenty of time for it later and if the Rockets can stay the course we will hear it ad nauseum this spring. Right now let's enjoy the fact that a team with five new players and only two rotation players from last season has figured out how to play the most entertaining, and at times beautiful basketball in the league."

1 person likes this.
  12. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

If that were to happen though, sad to say, I wouldn't be suprised...

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i'm very interested to see what a Gordon/Vasquez backcourt looks like. It could be very potent.

After last night's fantastic effort, our guys are gonna be tired. If we can muster up the strength for another win that would tell us a lot about our team.

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Tough tough game for us against the much improved Hornets. Vasquez and Gordon torched the Spurs the other night. Hope we'll have enough energy to pull off a win being that's its a 2nd game off a back to back. We tend to come out flat on games like this. Lets go for 6 straight!

15. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Not expecting a win, but hoping for one

both backcourts are lethal. We need Mook/Ppat to step up boarding with Davis and Lopez down low

16. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Lin will be running around wasting his energy chasing Vasquez and Gordon will probably go off on Harden....I think it may be a tough one.

17. torocan

torocan Member

Tough game.

Back to back on the Road after an emotional game with the Lakers, with NO playing well with Eric Gordon back in the line up.

They gave our offense some problems last time, on the other hand we have also improved since our last meeting.

I think the Rockets win, but I wouldn't be shocked if NO pulled off an upset.

18. VanityHalfBlack

I'm going to predict Rockets Win 121-87

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

125-109 Rox.

20. Exel

Exel Member

I wonder if we'll see Lin guard Gordon and Harden guard Vasquez? The last time they played, the Hornets ran a lot of sets where Vasquez posted up Lin. Although the end result was a lot of long jumpers from the Hornet bigs, which is what you want though they were hitting them unfortunately in that game. It'll be interesting to see how McHale chooses to defend the Hornets backcourt tonight.