1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 3/16/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Neped

Neped Member

You also could not see him waving to Ray to hurry up and Run, he got Lin.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He had a viable PG option, but we didn't want to give him a player option. Makes sense why we didn't, but we definitely had a viable PG option. We just let another team sign him. And it wasn't a great coup when we got Lin. We arguably overpaid and it seems like we definitely did 2 years later.

3. Baruch

Baruch Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2014/03/late-switch-leaves-rockets-in-desperate-situation/

4. sutton

sutton Member

calm down guys, to win at heat's home court, you have to be very lucky, it is not a bad loss.

5. WestendMassive

What's going on with the dude in the radioactive shirt, just below the right side of the backboard??

6. alethios

alethios Member

I want to know what's going on with that ref watching LeBron hold Jeremy. WTF, he was watching it the whole time.

7. New

He makes less than Dragic. It's just pathetic that people say Lin was overpaid last year because he made 8.3 m and he will be overpaid next year because he will make 15 m? Education in Houston is overrated.

8. jeddah

jeddah Member

On to the next game....I'm just glad that these boys were fighting till the very end...another game for them to ponder about...

oth, as a Lin fan it's quite depressing to read posts that are soooo negative..give the boy a break...every time we lose it's always his fault...there are a lot of other players and factors that are at fault but "some" just ignores them and easily points to Lin as the culprit..If I didn't watched the game I'll easily think that he went MIA again...

Also, it seems that the Heat players have a beef against him for some reason..they always make sure that he doesn't have a good game against them...

9. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

todays game is on ESPN again; just about to start for anyone who missed it.

10. jeddah

jeddah Member

LOL....thanks for the heads up...but once is enough...I hate to watch Leflop's face...

11. Baruch

Baruch Member

Miami Big 3 in this game :grin:

[​IMG]

12. ish1973

ish1973 Member

Rockets need to learn how to play smart at the final 5 minutes. After that Rockets can be considered to be one of the contenders.

13. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

I missed the game today so I watched the 2:30am game and I never ever want to play the blame game when it comes to the officiating but I think its safe to say that they, at minimum, changed the momentum that the Rockets had going. The fake technicals and illegal 3 calls definitely had an impact on the game.

I do have to say though that this Rockets team is EXACTLY the type of team that gives the Heat fits. Howard is a major factor down there. I have NEVER seen wade and lebron be so tentative around the rim like they were today. Wade pump-faked so much down there that he looked like a bobblehead and everyone else had to kick the ball out because of D12. I am so grateful for this team; we have a real chance for once since 1996. We are young and at times we show our inexperience but, wow, the future is bright :cool: . Our arrow is pointing straight up and the sky is our limit.

I thought we did a pretty good job of playing in the halfcourt when things slowed down today except the two critical misses by JLin and Harden with a couple minutes left. My fear going into the playoffs is that our offense is going to bog down when the screws get tighter in the playoffs but I think today showed that we can still play in the halfcourt.

14. jocar

jocar Member

Some people saying he is overpaid offends you so much you lash out against an entire unedumacated city? Soooo cute!

15. Barkley123

Barkley123 Member

I don't understand this either, isn't Lin a coming in as a sub these days? Since when did the entire team's success depend on a bench player?

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The same old mistakes creep in frequently. That is a bigger concern than the overall outcome.

17. calcium

calcium Member

Just watched the game.

What's the story with Parsons? He looks listless.

I wouldnt be surprised if he is fatigued/worn out considering the
    minutes that McH plays him.

I remember reading somewhere he is on top of the list in distance
    covered by the players per match.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I've always been critical of player time management by McH.

The Spurs are a good example of good time management, I think.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The HEAT were desperate for a win so they did whatever it took to come victorious. They also knew they had the refs in their back pocket.

19. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Delay of game call.

Does anybody else think that the refs now have another tool to make arbitrary calls for the NBA PR campaign?

20. autoprt

autoprt Member

it was a good game but it seems crazy to blame a win or a loss on bench players???? the starters are responsible in particular dwight and harden who are the team all stars. the heat know what to do in the final minutes of pressure packed games from past experience. we're still learning. hopefully in time with more games like this we'll get better at execution in the final minutes of tight meaningful games.