1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 3/16/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Frustrating for sure, but I don't feel nearly as bad about this loss as I did after OKC/Chi. Some poor execution and a couple of dumb decisions, but I was relieved to see us looking more like ourselves than we did in the past couple of games. I won't waste my keystrokes on the officiating -- y'all have pretty much said it all. :-/

Lots of Lin/Bev chatter as usual, but am I the only one concerned w/ Chandler's offensive struggles as of late?

2. arjun

arjun Member

you know, this is just the difference between a back to back championship team and a team trying to do it for the first time.

they executed, we didn't. its ok. its a learning experience, i hope we are better prepared next time.

3. Fighton

Fighton Member

dwight and lin had it right.

our ball movement stinks in a half court offense when the pace slows down. we dump it to dwight and he can't really do much with it. give it to harden and he takes a step back 3. those are like our only 2 options. if those don't work, we jack up bad contested shots. this has always been the case because a slow down, half court offense is NOT who we are. no off ball screens, double screens, pnr, nothing. don't know why.

we NEED the pace. we NEED to impose the pace on the other team and when refs take over a game like they did today, we lose the pace and it's over.

in a half court offense, we need a "go-to", as lin said. a go-to that will get you a good look most of the time. we don't have that. when the howard post up and harden step back/drive is not there, we don't know what to do. again, hardly saw any off ball screens, double screen, or pnr in the last 3-4 minutes. the heat knew exactly which plays they want to run and what they want to do.

will more experience playing together fix this? probably. this is only the second season these guys have been together, and first season for howard. miami, with their big three, is a well oiled machine. we're still a bit clumsy do a lot of "thinking" instead of executing when the pressure is on.

4. Andrew Wiggins

The Wade flop was pretty annoying along with the other announcer on ABC (not Gundy obviously). He was a huge LeBron fan and became more annoying when the Rockets took the lead.

Any time Wade screams it's a foul. It's like he has some sort of agreement with the refs to scream any time someone lays a finger on him and they call it for him.

I wanted to slap Bosh when he made that wide open 16 foot jumper in the 4th and acted like he dunked it over 3 people to win the championship.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL yes.

6. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

As much as I want to blame the refs on this one its on the rockets inability to score in the half court during those last 4 minutes. Rockets were up by 5 and refs only gave the Heat 2 points...

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Already pimpn

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Of course we'd let Ray Allen drop 25 on us. Not sure why we didn't have Beverley on him more often

9. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

"Jeremy Lin has been on teams that have played at Miami eight times; they're 0-8 in those games, though he's appeared in only three of those contests."

i think the next time we play the heats in Miami, Lin should take a vacation day off somewhere in Houston or CA...lol

1 person likes this.
  10. novaman

novaman Member

Disagree. VanGundy himself offered the opinion that JLIN has gone from overrated in his Linsanity days to underrated right now. He's getting criticized more, not less.

11. Andrew Wiggins

I hope the TC doesn't lose it's edge because of the last 3 away losses. It was pumping during the last 3 wins.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If anything, the edge may be gone because the next 3 opponents are the Jazz, T'Wolves, and Sixers. Someone better make sure the starters are awake for the opening tip.

13. blueice604

blueice604 Member

76ers is a guaranteed win, they are striving for the bottom team :grin:

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

All 3 games should be layups. If the Rockets respect their opponent(yes, even the Sixers) and play hard. If they have designs on the 3rd seed, they almost have to have a 5-game winning streak heading into that game at Toyota Center against the Clippers.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

yea the guy who went on a 5-1 fast break and **** a jumper brick when we were up by 3. the guy who shot a fall away jumper brick I. the last 3 min do the game that than passing it to anyone else.

16. kvnzhangyay

kvnzhangyay Member

?? I actually can't understand what your saying

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The turnovers were bad, but on the good side Parsons was have a decent game.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Is anyone really surprised that we lost to Miami in Miami after our win against the Heat back in Houston a few days ago? And heck, we could have won this game, absent some absurd calls by the refs and some mistakes on our end. I don't really believe in moral victories, but if they existed, this game probably fits the description.

19. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

The Rockets have been on fire since January!!!! This is just a tough 3 game stretch. Every team goes through a tuff stretch. The Rockets are who they are. They don't get a lot of easy buckets, and they have to rely on streaky three point shooters(Parsons, Lin, Hamilton, Garcia, Casspi, Dmo, Jones). There is just no offensive system. But, that is all part of Morey's three pointer or layup approach, it has nothing to do with McHale. I repeat, this is not McHales system! Its Moreys.

One thing the Rockets did good in this game was adjusting to the pick and role with Jones switching to LeBron. Jones didn't play at the end. I think if Lin is having a bad game, Jones needs to be in.

20. alethios

alethios Member

It certainly was an improvement over the Chicago game, sheesh! :rolleyes:

This game shows the level of maturity and discipline that's missing from our team vs the top-tier teams who have been at it for a few years, even when we're playing hard. I expect we'll grow into a more disciplined team in the next couple of years if we don't blow this team up first.