1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 3/16/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2014.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

he is though. You see what's happening in the Ukraine!? he never wants to go back. that's why he is frothing at the mouth every game. Plus the way Morey stock piles PGs he is a trade away from a coach ticket to Asia.

1 person likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, that is the definition of a stupid fan - but us smart ones are different.

:)

DD

3. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

not to attack COd, but he does have a LOF as insidous people. I mean that 's a bit strong. They can be annoying, but they are mostly from china. So, anyway, some people will never warm up to Lin no matter how many points he scores. just the way the cookie crumbles

4. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

You must be glad he's "only" making $5 million this year then? I just average it out to $8.3 per year for the Rockets. $15 million for any other team next year though.

5. blueice604

blueice604 Member

That's called fanaticism 101.

Being a fan is to accept the fact that he had a bad game and has flaws, but not emotionally criticize the one your support as "selfish".

I'm sure that guy is a rox fan, but I doubt if he is a Lin fan. To the max., he is a fanatic who only wants to see heroes, and turn into a hater when the one he supports is no heroic.

A fan who gets frustrated and turned emotionally critical if his support is a human who makes mistakes, is a fanatic.

6. Andrew Wiggins

It's fate. PF is our weakest position and we have to face the best PF in the game in the first round. PG is our second weakest position and we have to face a top 5 PG in the league. Guarding the pick and roll (especially the 1-4) is our biggest problem defensively and we have to face the best 1-4 PnR duo. I don't think Griffin is a good enough screener or popper like Aldridge to say the Clippers are better.

Batum is not a chump, so he and Chandler cancel each other out. Dwight will have to step up his game.

It was very close last game. Pretty much a playoff game since they were fighting for the tie breaker/HCA and we barely won in OT.

7. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

He makes more than Dragic

And that is all that needs to be said

8. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Yeah, that's what happens.

9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets lose tomorrow and they're in big trouble. This is the easiest game coming up in this 4 game stretch that ends in Charlotte next week. The good news is the Jazz have to play tonight in San Antonio, so even if the Rockets are tired tomorrow night, Utah will be as well.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I asked McHale, Beverley about late T. Neither knew why called. I can't say if for contact after whistle or some kind of taunting of James.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/445330168031088641">March 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sorry to be one to say it, but Rockets did not lose because of officials. Tough to win in Miami going without a bucket in final 4-plus mins.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/445331324984107008">March 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight: &quot;In the fourth quarter, we got stagnant with the ball, took tough shots instead of just playing the game. We need to play the game.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/445331517087432704">March 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Or to put it another way, Lin: &quot;You can tell they're comfortable in that situation. They know exactly what they're doing, their go-tos.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/445331942280818688">March 16, 2014</a></blockquote>

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The inconsistency of the team as a whole has 1 main cause. Bad coaching.. Mchale gives no tips or advice to any of the guys out there. On wired close ups what does he say? Go after the rebounds, defend guys, come on ..... There's no strategic or non-vague coaching at all. He's just a horrible coach that will hinder this team as he remains so. This team has major talent but not a decent enough coach to critique...

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

…& Chris Bosh's face after Beverley's dunk:

[​IMG]

14. blueice604

blueice604 Member

Funny, I think it was you who I responded days ago that it's just all in your head imagining.

On a different topic, still caught my attention :grin:

15. Andrew Wiggins

No way. Harden did an excellent job on Wade defensively. Maybe he takes twitter challenges seriously. Wade would have attacked Lin and drew fouls on him.

The one time we saw it, Wade quickly attacked Lin and drew a phantom foul. That's why you don't do it to begin with. The last thing we needed was him to get it going from the line.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

Tjones & dmo looked good tonight, I like the progress

I'm not really trippen on a L to the heat On the road, we showed good effort and went 1-1 vs them this year.

The bulls game is still the disappointment on this 0-3 streak

17. Andrew Wiggins

Eat ****.

It's what happened. I didn't say anything bad about Lin and I used evidence. from the game. Lin fans are babies if they think I am calling out Lin or blaming him for the loss. You don't play Lin out of position against a top 2 SG in the NBA.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Good game but we crumbled in crunch time. With the aid of the refs

19. blueice604

blueice604 Member

Blame Morey, I actually wish him for not giving such a poisonous contract, so it's easier to part and trade.

Why the heck did Morey give this kind of contract anyways...:rolleyes:

20. Andrew Wiggins

I agree. McHale only trusts his starters. Sometimes he pulls Lin or D-Mo out too quickly for making a bad play.

Garcia DEFINITELY should have played today. I don't know why you don't put him in after his showing the other night. His threes would have definitely helped us in the fourth.