1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 2/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

No Chria Bosh would be huge. It turns a hard to win game into a winnable game.

2. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

me too. lol last tim they dropped 40 on utah, they lost the next day. rockets have to focus and not slack. hopefully they are motivated to beat the heat since they lost last time. but the heat will also want to shut down the rockets too.

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I will be attending the game. Will take pictures :cool:

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

The way that LBJ is talking I don't see Lin or Harden playing particularly well. Miami is really good at defending the PNR & forcing turnovers & our ball handlers are extremely turnover prone. Miami has been really bored this regular season & they haven't really been trying that hard, but I think they will be really aggressive tonight defensively, & there defense is a scary thing when they are locked in.

This is a game where I expect Parsons & Patt & Asik to play well & Lin & harden to play poorly.

5. Drunk_Goat

Drunk_Goat Member

hope they saved a couple 3's for tonight. I predict a 4 point loss. Just cause I remember the Rockets losing to the Nuggets after the Jazz game. Living and dying by the 3 is not the team I wanted, but just win baby.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Miami's defense is what scares me. Perfectly set up to stop the Rockets offense, unlike GSW. They were also the first team to stop Linsanity last season. Even if Bosh is out, this will be one of the toughest games of the season.

7. Arthurprescott2

Suffocating perimeter D means HOU must double-down on winning with our PFs and Asik. If Bosh is out then their already thin frontcourt will be hampered. Hopefully, HOU puts them in foul trouble early.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Can't turn the ball over since Heats are great at capitalizing in transition. Lin/Harden will have to keep their turnovers low for tonight. Asik needs to dominate the boards is the key to this game. You would think Lin/Harden would have a field day scoring inside with the Heats lack of a big man presence down low but they have guys like Battier who is great at taking charges.

9. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2m60EHNzZws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Will fap to highlights if we win

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

Muahahaha I just said this. I am remembering back to that first OKC game where OKC trapped Lin & Harden all day on the perimeter & left Asik Parsons Patt wide open. I envision this game being just like that except scarier.

This is a game where we are really going to miss Carlos I thinl. Lin & harden just need to make the pass that will lead to the pass for the bucket off the trap. (so they will get a lot of Hockey assists) I really hope Harden doesn't press & try to handle traps on his own. Needs to pass the ball. Also don't think he will be getting to the FT line as much as he would like.

I envision parson being the release valve off the traps so Parsons will get a lot of assists today.

It may actually be smart to let Harden be the sole ball handler (he commands the most defensive attention) & have Lin be the release valve off the trap.

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

the OKC traps on harden was scary double teamed . hands in face.

13. Arthurprescott2

Agreed. I just hope they don't start panicking. As you said, this is the game we'll miss Delfino the most.

That said, I'm ok with a loss in this game. Just want to see a competitive game. As long as HOU absolutely CRUSHES Blazers later this week.

14. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

It's true, it would be awesome to keep our turnovers low, but if McHale states this as a goal, it may make us hesitant hence leading to the high turnovers we tried to avoid in the first place! I don't think limiting turnovers is the key cuz we should just attack. Every player knows that if they make a turnover, they better watch out against the Heat. That scurred attitude is how you pretty much invite defeat. I say, run, gun, and swag! We got this. Go Rockets!

15. torocan

torocan Member

Keep in mind, the OKC games were really outliers.

New team, new players, and it's becoming clear as we go that not only are the offensive sets becoming more fleshed out, but the team chemistry has improved dramatically since the start of the season.

OKC would still be likely to beat us, but I suspect the Rockets will perform at a significantly higher level the next time they meet, at least on the offensive end.

I think folks are underestimating how Good the Rockets offense is right now. Considering our first 2 months of play, that we're still a top ranked offense and have the potential to blow out play off teams with alarming regularity shows how potentially dangerous the Rockets can be when things are clicking.

45 point blow out of the Jazz, 31 point blow out of the Warriors, blow outs of Chicago, Memphis, Boston, Brooklyn and the Knicks.

This team is on an upward trend on both ends of the floor. How good they end up being is hard to predict right now.

It's like asking what is the maximum up side for Harden, Lin, Asik and Parsons... impossible to accurately gauge at this point.

Either way, going to be a heck of a ride.

And yah, some of the Miami fan boards are a bit nervous. They think their team is better (obviously), but our track record of blowing out good teams has them hoping that they run into the B2B on the Road sub-par Rockets instead of the Buzzsaw Rockets that chews up everything in their path.

Yes, the Rockets are inconsistent. However it's scary as hell for the opponent when one side of inconsistent is an Elite scoring machine...

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Rockets will make this one look easy.
    Rockets win in blowout fashion 125-103
    :grin:

17. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

<sigh> yes, I agree

18. hltiki

hltiki Member

Well said.
    It's about the journey.

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Keeping turnovers low is about cutting down on silly mistakes that's all. It doesn't mean that you have to play passive.

20. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

We will lose. The Heat always seem to wake up for Lin. :(