1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 2/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Supermaruchi

Supermaruchi Member

I smell a new dawn for the rOckets.

Let's do this.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Rockets put up 130+. Lebron dies in a house fire. Lin has double digit assists.

3. torocan

torocan Member

Miami is the better team, but I really don't think Miami is a terrible match up for us.

They have no dominant inside shot blocking presence (17th in block percentage).
    We have a significant size advantage.
    They're not very good at defending the 3 (18th in opponent 3pt percentage).

They're average in transition (17th in fast break ppg, 20th in fast break efficiency), and very good defending in transition (#2 in opponent fast break ppg, #4 in opponent fast break efficiency).

I wouldn't expect a lot of easy transition scoring from the Rockets tonight unless we have multiple players going out on the break. Our fast break players are going to have to be VERY aware of the chase down (stop and pops and dunks on fast breaks will be crucial) as well as multiple men running on the break.

You really don't want it to be just one Rockets player on the break with Lebron chasing him down.

We're underdogs, but I think we're not huge under dogs tonight especially if we get our inside/outside game working and take extra special care of the ball (Miami is 11th in steals per game, 7th in steals per defensive play).

I think we need to rack the pressure on early. Attack the paint through drives and our bigs (high passes since we have the size advantage in the front court), get them in foul trouble, and keep the ball movement very fast for open 3's. The Miami bench is weak, so if we run the game fast enough (Miami is 20th in pace) we can tire out their starters and then they're in trouble.

Even Lebron can't run transition Defense for 40+ minutes and still score efficiently.

We'll still probably lose, but we got a decent shot at sneaking out with a win in Miami.

4. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Okay here it is - Trap Game. Durant going off on us.

5. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

LOL... Durant? Cool story bro! You mean LeBron?

6. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

I think Harden will step up his already efficient game...

7. grauser01

grauser01 Member

If the bench can produce it will be a huge WIN.

So I am hoping that Douglas, Anderson, Smith and Morris will have a good game.

Key factor: bench

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Durant goes off on us again!!

9. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Lin with first triple double of career. 14pts, 11 asts, 12 rbs.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I said I would be happy if we took at least one of GS and the Heat...I just hope we put up a good fight.

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

it's an ongoing joke to say durant is going off on us every game

12. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

No its a ritual at least 1 person must mention Durant going off on us in every game thread. That said Durant goes off on us once again damn him and his long arms!!

13. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

We're probably gonna be gassed against the champs. But let's just hope we put up a fight.

14. GIGO

GIGO Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Chris Bosh (cold) is a game time decision for tonight.</p>&mdash; Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) <a href="https://twitter.com/MiamiHEAT/status/299184848164253696">February 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Spo on the Rockets: They have the fastest tempo in the league. We'll have to get out of our comfort zone to get them out of theirs.</p>&mdash; Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) <a href="https://twitter.com/MiamiHEAT/status/299186323607146496">February 6, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>.@<a href="https://twitter.com/kingjames">kingjames</a> on the Rockets: We have to get a lot of pressure on them and contest those shots.</p>&mdash; Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) <a href="https://twitter.com/MiamiHEAT/status/299189636000002049">February 6, 2013</a></blockquote>

15. hltiki

hltiki Member

Perhaps some of us are getting last night's game into our heads. I don't have to tell y'all that Miami is the defending champs with Lebron...

I highly doubt the 3 shots will fall as they did against GSW, so Rockets gotta pound the paint, feed Asik and and Smith; that is where they are weakest. Miami has pretty good perimeter D and Bosh may or may not be playing. I do believe Asik is, yet again, key to winning the game.. or at least not getting blown out.

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Lin on a back to back game against the Heats, hmmmm doesn't sound good!

17. Karolik

Karolik Member

Does Lin ever play well on the 2nd game of b2b?
    Hope he changes that tonight.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Trap game for the Heat! Durant is going to go off and score 40 on them

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Bosh better sit out. He could get our players sick.

20. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Oh I see...