1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 11/23/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

We will win!
    If don't, it's Coach Adelman's fault. :(
    So far, it has been him disappointing to me. :mad:

2. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

My guess: Rockets 95 Heat 79 unless the Rockets go into another one of their sub 70 IQ modes in which case they can't beat *anybody* in this league.

3. kwng

kwng Member

Rockets must win this game. Heat was trashed by almost everyone recently
    and I hope Rockets can win this big.

4. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

the Heat are hungry for a win, but so are the Rockets, the Yao-Shaq match up should be interesting(like it always is), but the rockets should be able to pull this one out...

5. SmitingPurpleEm

This should be a win because the Heat are really scuffling and Dwyane Wade is not close to 100%.

However, it will not be an easy win. Road games are never easy. Shaq has also been playing pretty well, seemingly motivated by talk that he is not getting the job done (from Wade/Riley) and by talk that he is washed up (from the media). Plus, I'm sure he still remembers how Yao trashed him last year in their head to head matchup and wants to get payback. Bottom line is that Shaq will bring his A game tomorrow and Yao will have to beat that. I think he can do it; in the past he has raised his game for matchups against Shaq. Plus there will be no fronting (why the hell would Shaq front anyone?). I'd look for Shaq to come out motivated but for Yao to outplay him and win the game. Not sure how McGrady will look, I think that depends on how his elbow feels.

6. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

FINALLY we get a win!

7. vizier

vizier Member

winning iineup:

PG: t-Mac
    SG: James
    SF: Battier
    PF: Scola
    C: Yao

8. blastaway

blastaway Member

If the Rockets don't win this game, I predict that Rick Adelman's ass will be on fire from the Rockets owner and GM. Especially if RA uses the same starting lineup and rotations that he has been using. As much as Rafer is not right for this team, it is becoming clear that the weakess link is RA, as in Rick Adelman not Rafer Alston.

Rick has not implemented a system that suits his players. Telling me you have a good system but your players can't run it, only means that you are not a good coach and only picked up some plays from someone on the way to being a head coach. A COACH has to be able to motivate and direct his team of players to maximum the abilities and talents that he has on his roster. That said, RA has to be given time to learn those players and their abilities best and how to incorporate what will work for them best. But his problem is in accessing TALENT! Anyone who thinks Rafer Wafer, Chuck and Shane should be starting on this team with what else we have on the roster is not a good talent evaluator.

Rick needs to forget JVG and stop trying to live up to his defensive ability. He will never be JVG on the defensive side of the ball. He better learn to outscore teams like some of the better teams in this league do. This team has not stopped anyone during crunch time this whole season so far. I think RA is trying to be something that he is not, and is therefore using the starting lineup from last year hoping that he can prove that he can also be a defensive coach; what a horrible experiment this is if that is in fact what he is trying to prove. He better learn how to get his team to score 120 a game while the other teams score 110-115. That's still a 5 to 10 point margin of victory, very high in the NBA.

If RA loses this game with the same pattern as he has been on, just watch the onslaught of critizism and calls for his head that pour forth! :D

But Im hoping for a win, with or without a lineup change. :p

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Some pretty insightful comments, especially for a rookie. ;)

10. luisantonio1014

I like you put Tmac at point. SG should be Head. If he gets his confidence up, he can make big shots. Imagine him with the wide open look at the 3point line instead of Rafer. He would actually make them. Scola can still come off the bench cause I like how Chuck gets offensive boards and gets easy steals for the Rox

11. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

ok....here's T-Yao's Keys to the game

1) Tracy needs to drive in and finish himself.

2) STOP relying on jumpers.

3) Yao needs to post up on Shaq, he can Shanghi shake that old guy.

4) Rafer needs to STOP shooting threes (he's allowed only if he's WIDE open)

12. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I would go with your line-up except i'll still let tmac be the sg and put Luther at the point, and indeed hayes should start

13. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member

im feeling we win by 9 :/

14. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

Here we lose again!! I don't see this slump ending soon! No defense and high turnovers again! ;)

15. elevenmcgrady

elevenmcgrady Member

we want steve francis

16. clapnrobem

clapnrobem Member

I predict Stevie invited RA over for thanks giving to get some life out of him. RA shocks everyone by starting Steve and he goes for a triple double 17pts 12rbs 11ast causing the rest of the team to play with heart and we blow out the Heat by the 3rd.

Is that a happy ending or what!? :p

17. Keivan

Keivan Member

Only one word is in my mind for this game : WIN !!

I hope Adelman will change the rotation changes, I mean T-Mac rests half of the 4th quarter everytime, WTF ?

18. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

Lets just hope the Rox have a BIG..BIG...HUGE lead going into the 4th.

19. youngbuk28

youngbuk28 Member

20. kwng

kwng Member

That would be a miracle.