1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 11/23/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2007.

1. MM=unbeatable

MM=unbeatable Member

Wade is back, i dont think we can pull this out
    maybe Adelman is a good coach but he and his system are not fit for ROX

2. Aadam

Aadam Member

Whats the point in being a fan and posting on these forums if you clearly have no hope for this team? is it fun rooting for a team you think sucks? the maturity and loyalty on 80% of this forum is pathetic. get on a different bandwagon post's like the when you just made just make you look ignorant as hell.

3. Aadam

Aadam Member

are you stupid? have you been watching the rockets play? have you been watching the heat play? you clearly don't follow basketball if thats what you think, stop letting your age show through your posts.

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

wade is not the superstar player that he was bro. maybe in another month or 2 but he clearly can't score unless it's layups.

5. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Be realistic !! :rolleyes:

How many shot attempts given TMAC's FG% that would take him scoring 40 points? 30? 40?

He needs to wisely select his shots, do more penetration, draw more fouls, dish out more passes/assists, play more a play-maker role insteads of jacking wild ill-advised jumpers all game long.

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

45.4% fg :D

how many wild shots did he jack? didn't he get 12 assists?

it's one of the few bad shooting nights so far this year for him, and coincidentally, it's his first game back from an injury on his shooting arm.

7. zong

zong Member

It is almost improssible that rox are going to lose this game. If rox lose this one again, the ESPN ppl would joke around for this team for whole week.

Rox:95
    Heats:88

8. AXG

AXG Member

Rockets end the five game losing streak finally with a 97-93 win over the Heat. Yao plays well against Miami and TMac gets the team back on track.

9. pryuen

Well, I agreed with you that in fact he did fine in that game with Dallas Mavericks, by retreating back into a play-maker role, scoring 15 points and dishing out 12 assists, considering it was the first game on his return from his arm injury.

However, how many penetrations you saw in that game with Mavericks? I did not remember any.

How many ill-advised jumpers he attempted? At least one towards the clutch stretch of the game, when after the P&R, he did not pass the ball back to his Big Man who already rolled into better position, but insteads decided to take a low-probability 3-pointer out from the arc.

That started that 100 seconds breakdown to be coupled with 0fer's missed 3-pointer, TMAC's turnover, and Yao Ming's crazy foul on Harris for a 3-point play just gave the Mavericks the chance for closing out a game that the Rockets should have won.

TMAC has to stop doing all those it-is-on-me heroics if he ever wants to make himself and this team better and lead this team to the utter pinnacle of glory in NBA.

It takes 5 !!!

10. daernoth

daernoth Member

The way Tmac plays at the end of the game is as if the team is desperate and can find no other way to win except by Tmac playing 1 on 5. Its a reflection of their confidence as a group. They have no faith in the team concept when the pressure is on. No wonder they lose...

11. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

are u kidding me? damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. u said it takes 5, and yet u blame it all on tmac. hypocrisy at its finest.

12. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

The season is still young. Rox needs to develop a "never-say-die" attitude and try out the abilities of all guards (especially SF and AB) to see who can replace RA for starting games. As long as they play the whole game (I mean 48 minutes) with heart and fighting spirit, win or lose is not really so important.

13. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

yada yada yada, just hope we don't embarrasly lose to heat.
    but in case we do, i hope sf3 can start play soon.

14. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

watch battier mess up wase shoulder again just kidddin, but yeah its up to our role players to beat their role players thats the only way we see this win

15. Sextuple Double

F*** the nonsense. If we lose this game I'll be beyond pissed :mad: We better rape this sorry ass team. I don't even want this to be close. We need to embarrass the Heat and make the media bring back questions of Shaq's motivation.

16. pryuen

I don't think I blamed it all on him. Did I say he played fine contributing alot to the game with his 12 assists? Did I say Yao Ming had sort of going out of his mind by giving away an unnecessary And 1 to that D Harris since he was steps behind coming to help defense when D Harris had already blown away all his inept guards team mates guarding him?

It all boiled down to how this team, including its 2 best players, Yao Ming and TMAC, learn to work as a team, learn how to close out games down at the clutch as tight as these, which separates champions to contenders and pretenders.

So far this team is not yet gelled and clicked to work as a well-oiled machine, and we need everyone to shift up their gears towards that working-as-a-team concept.

17. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

18. howe070523

howe070523 Member

Win or Lose, those are my boys out there.
    Go ROX!

19. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

Rockets better win and Francis better get some playing time.

20. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

If there was a team we need to play, the heat are it...

Rox: 96

Heat: 90