1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 10/21/2014 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 20, 2014.

1. basketballholic

Don't know why your disappointed in Canaan. He showed his skill level and we are moth-balling him for the regular season or he's on the trade block and we are making sure he doesn't get hurt. Canaan is ready to go out and play 30. He still needs to make improvements but there is no question he is in the top 2 at the PG position on this team. His offense is simply too good and now most of you are seeing the chinks in Ish Smith that some of us knew were there all along.

Ish Smith was signed because it looked like we would be trading one and possibly 2 of Bev/Canaan. I still think something happens there with Canaan most likely traded and possibly both Bev and Canaan gone if the right deal materializes.

But if a trade doesn't go down involving any of the point guards....then they are likely to all be on the roster to start the season instead of Canaan or Ish waived. If we can't get a trade done involving one of the points, we will most likely trade Clint and Terrence plus Powell and Covington for an expiring contract and a future draft pick.

2. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

How can you judge something like this in the preseason, especially with Jones? What instances of laziness can you point to? Just yesterday, we saw him diving on the floor and hustling to get an AND1. Let's remember what time of year it is before we crucify TJones.

3. basketballholic

Not true. Daniels is in top 8 right now.

#663 basketballholic, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  4. kemah

kemah Member

I found it very strange that Miami kept playing their starters. In preseason usually when one team pulls their starters the other team does so also. Our 2nd and 3rd team was staying with them though.

5. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Did the TNT guys really say we lost our best player in Parsons? Or did I mix that up with the whole LeBron drama?

I have been impressed so far by Harden, Howard, and Ariza. Look forward to Terry, Daniels, and Papanikaolou(probably butchered his name).

I really like that Tariq Black kid.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We probably shouldn't have even rolled our starters out for the 2nd half, they played with absolutely zero intensity, lol

But I think for Miami, they're trying to gel their crunch offense.

7. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Maybe so but Wade is going to need all the rest he can get. The preseason is the best time.