1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 3/3/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Burko

Burko Member

I only saw the first half, and even then i totally expected the Hawks to comeback and win.

For me, this game showed that our bench can hold anyone off when we need to give Harden/Howard a rest.

Sure, they couldnt do it for 48 minutes, but they wont ever need to if we are fully healthy.

If we get everyone fit for the playoffs, no-one wants to see us.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

dude, where were you after the CLE game?

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great effort, then we completely fell apart. The thing that's most troubling is the horrible entry passes. How can a team of professionals be so poor at this simple play? smh

Rockets earned more respect though and a win vs MEM will help ease the pain.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Good effort...

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Not only did we have to play against the best team in the East, but we also had to match up with the refereeing. I'm so sick of the BS calls my team has been receiving. What is wrong with the NBA?

6. eman

eman Contributing Member

The Hawks and the refs turned up the D on the Rox impressively in that second half.

7. elainas

elainas Member

I think that, when DMo involved in offence our O just flow, good decitions or points in paint, last nigth was poor shoting nigth for him, but he take only good open shots.. his D we can conpensate with his O every nigth, and if you look all games Rox lost his year usally - lots of missed threes and no paint plays in 4th quater

8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Atlanta is not going to the finals, but they're a good team.

9. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

If they can get back to they way they were playing earlier in the year they will be tough to beatin the playoffs for any team in the East.

10. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

So you're saying the refs have been helping the Hawks win all season? :rolleyes: This is the 2nd best shooting team in the league from 3(they shot awful last night), 2nd best defensive team and 7th best offensive team in the league.

The only team that has a shot against the Hawks in a 7 games series is the Cavs. You talk about how good the West is yet the Hawks are 17-4 against them this year. They haven't been great since the all star break yet they're 5-1 and find ways to win. Sounds like you haven't watched them play much this year.

11. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

What an enormous pile of BS to extrapolate from a sample size of 2 games.

12. basketballholic

This was a great game until Atlanta went to Jeff Teague and Denis Schroder together. Hadn't played together all game. They flat-out smoked us in the 4th quarter.

13. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Do you believe 9/11 was an act by our own government too? Atlanta plays with a lot of chemistry and heart. If you're referring to the Refs then you need to look at all these plays as a non bias rocket fan and then you'll see the truth

14. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I understand being frustrated with his play after last night. I was yelling obscenities at my TV after he bricked another 3 but then he ran down the steal on the fast break and I apologized to my TV. He has some solid shooting nights but when he is cold he makes up for it with good defense and hustle. I just wish he wouldn't shoot as often when it isn't his night.

15. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Duh??

16. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Game changed when we started to slow it down and play in the half court in the 4th quarter. Lead to unimaginative offense, quick rebounds, and fast break opportunities for ATL.

17. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

The refs robbed us but we always blow big leads. Been like that since McHale has been the coach. I still don't like him as our coach but I do think he has done a good job with the injuries this year and he had no control over the game last night. We just got robbed.

18. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Well. we will find out about some of those call when the last two minutes report is published. I read the one for Cleveland. Interesting stuff. Three of the incidents were labeled as incorrect.

19. Indaface

Indaface Member

I would like to blame the refs but I can't when you blow a lead that huge...oh well I really would have loved that win.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Glad I missed the game. This crap really boils my blood me when I'm watching live.