1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 3/3/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2015.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

It's not even worth that guy right now. He's been spewing crap all through this thread.

2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

If I'm the Rockets I'm even more motivated and confident as a unit almost beating the best team in the NBA down 2 starters.

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

You're the one that need to stop looking at the box score.

Just because DoMo doesn't get steals and blocks like Jones, he's automatically a bad defender. :rolleyes:

4. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

I'm not mad we lost. Im mad our horrible system of ISO 3 ball loses almost everytime. ATL is a bunch of midgets nobody abused the paint just running around like chickens. The talent is there, just a horrible coaching staff

5. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

lol..did DMO screw your mom or something? Between you and T-Man you guys are just haters. I agree he needs to hold his own better in the post and he can rebound better but the guy isn't the reason they lost tonight.

All players played great when they were clicking through 3 quarters and it was a TEAM choke job in the 4th quarter...JSmith tried to do too much, Jones forced up bad shots and missed key FTs, Ariza was misfiring as usual, DMO looked tired, and Brewer was out of control...

its not always a competition between Jones and DMO. Its about the team coming together and figuring out how to maintain leads (and I agree with the previous poster that we should post up more and rely less on the 3). Some of that is on coaching too and oh by the way we were MISSING James Harden and Dwight against a healthy Hawks team.

Does anyone think this team competes without its two superstars? GTFO

1 person likes this.
  6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Could have gotten the 2nd seed tomorrow if we got this one tonight. But there are still games to be played. Memphis plays the hardest remaining schedule, too.

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I won't blame any shots taken by Dmo, his shoot selection is 10 times better than Josh and Brewer.

I have no problem the Rockets going to him every single time on offense.

But there is no way he can stay on the floor in the last 5 mins if he keep playing defense and rebounding like this.

8. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

The problem is the defense in last mimutes.
    When the offense was bad, then the defense became more worst.
    Why didn't McHale focus on this?

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Just when you think mchale has a break through coaching game he fails to execute when it matters most. I hate to be one of those couch coaches, but it really feels like a couple smart decision and the Rockets would have one this game easily.

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

Houston + Memv. Beating them self to drop from the 2nd spot race.

Who want to face OK or Spurs in playoff matchup

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This was a hard game to win, people shouldn't be sad they lost. The only concerning thing to me , and always has been, is the piss poor execution thats always there down the stretch. It is not a "coin flip" contrary to what some believe.

Anyways, great effort by the team, a lot of heart tonight.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Some of those teams play each other this week. Portland at the Clippers tomorrow night. Then Dallas at Portland the next night. Then Dallas at Golden State on Friday. Plus some others mixed in there including obviously us against the Grizzlies tomorrow.

Bottom line, teams behind us are going to lose this week. Guaranteed.

13. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

This is where nut buster Harden kicks in :)

He is good for 12 to 14 FT but he did not play.

I hear he was "unavailable due to some issues with the crown jewels of the King".

Anyways, the team played well, had a huge lead, let it get away in late 4th QT action and lost.

I bet that beard guy would have done something about it but it alright.

Tomorrow is the real game, against division rival, and potential to mean something more. Now there is a rested Nut Cracker instead of a old tire beard man playing for the team tomorrow.

14. klutch sidy

klutch sidy Member

Tonight we are reminded of 2 things:
    1. You live by the 3, you die by the 3.
    2. If you play not to lose, you tend to lose.

15. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

How many Rockets will be suspended for their AWFUL fouls? I hope we have enough to field a team tomorrow.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like that mchale is pissed Rockets lost the game.

17. frontline94

frontline94 Member

mchale shouldve gotten a tech towards the end for good measure...if not to prove a point

18. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

You do need a closer. In the NBA a 15 pt lead is not that much. ESPECIALLY when playing a very good team in their house. Give ATL credit, they stepped it up in the 4th.

I didn't expect them to hold the lead in the 4th. All of our guards are backups. None of them are playmakers and that's what you need when the D turns up. Man DMo is just absent in the paint on D. No blocks, no tough rebounds when we need them. Oh well, he is a backup so that's fitting. Good game role players.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

It's almost as if you act like we we weren't playing anyone at all. As if Atlanta isn't the best team in the entire league and we just bumbled ourselves into the loss instead the best team in the league doing what great teams do in the 4th quarter.

I swear I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I read garbage like this.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He needs to get pissed during the game. Buden-whatever got a T in the 1st quarter. Granted, it didn't swing the momentum to his team right away, but I'll bet it lingered in the refs' minds.

Hopefully McHale gets on the refs tomorrow night if he feels the Rockets are getting screwed.