1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 3/3/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Save up for that Memphis game, Hawks are not that great lately.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This gets said at least once per game thread.

Harden is 25 years old. If he feels good to go, he's good to go. If he needs to sit out, he'll sit out. No need to just sit him out for no reason, though. The Rockets most certainly have a chance to win this game.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Because this week is this season's version of Hell Week. Last year's was almost the same time of year when we faced Portland at home, and then went to OKC, to Chicago, and to Miami. For the record, we won only one of those and that was that miracle comeback against the Blazers to steal one in OT. The Bulls game was where the team never showed up from the opening tip.

Long story less long, we need Harden as fresh as possible. He wore himself out yesterday in eeking one out against the Cavs, so let's make sure he's got energy for the Grizzlies and then the Pistons and Nuggets since those are in the midst of a 4 game in 5 nights stretch. There's so sense in forcing him to expend energy against the Hawks when the Rockets will be longshots at best anyway.

4. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

I'm still salty over the screw-job versus the Hawks earlier this season.

5. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

So what happens when you sit Harden just expecting to lose so he can be fresh for Memphis and then lose to Memphis? You try to win every game throughout the season.

Secondly, the only problem I really have with your statement was that you write this off as an automatic loss. Like no matter how well the Rockets play we just simply cannot beat them. That mentality is just dumb and I hate ***literally hate*** when people say "no way in hell we win this game" and still proclaim themselves as fans.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Precisely. If there's no reason to sit out, you don't sit out. I'm sure Harden's enough of a competitor to where he doesn't want to sit out anyways.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Harden added to the Rockets injury report with a bruised left shoulder. He's probable for Tuesday, well, at least with the shoulder.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/572474181742407680">March 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

Harden could be suspended for the lebron nut kick.. i hope hes not suspended on wednesday.. i'm going to that game!!

9. nobie

nobie Member

we can win this game. It all depends on how our 3pt % and hawks 3pt %.

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Last time we played the Hawks, we lost but kept it close: 104-97
    Granted we had Howard, but we also had Kostas-Terry-Johnson-Black as our bench unit. eww.

We don't have Howard, but now we have TJ back and we've added Brewer & Smith.

Korver won't get shot practice with the added wing defense help. TJ & Smith will help keep their bigs in line too.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Look, I'd love for the Rockets to beat the Hawks tomorrow night. But that team after starting 7-6 has gone 40-6 since. And only 2 of those losses have come at home(oddly both were blowouts to the Bucks and Raptors).

Can they win? Sure. Will they? The odds are not in their favor. And if Harden's nursing a sore shoulder and sprained his ankle just 5 days ago, I don't think a day off is the worst idea in the world. Especially with 3 more games left over the next 4 days, all of which are far more winnable(yes, even Memphis) than tomorrow night's game at Atlanta.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This seems suggestive that he is hurting. I want him to give another encore against the Hawks, but if he needs to sit out this one, I am ok with it.

Get healthy quickly James.

13. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Seems to suggest to me that there is serious concern that he could be suspended...

14. FeaR

FeaR Member

Yeah like Dwight's suspension :rolleyes:

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Stay glued on Korver.

16. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Just sit him already with all those little injuries. He's been coming up limping for a few times lately and with Memphis, you need a full James! Just start Brewer on Korver and play Papa / KJ.

17. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

FIFY :grin:

18. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Agreed, I would (if I had to pick ONLY one option), to win the season series with a divisional opponent 3-1. And that potential tiebreaker with MEM would go a long way in trying to get the #2 seed.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Hawks are very similar to the Clippers in many ways. If the Rox can't stay glued to Crawford, Reddick, and occasionally Barnes, there's certainly almost no chance to stay glued to Korver on a consistently basis.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Hawks have won 4 in a row. I hope the team is taking them more seriously than some of the posters here.