1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 11/2/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 1, 2012.

1. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

The way we are opening the season is a complete reversal of how we close out last season. Hopefully it continues that way. :grin:

BTW, I thought we are supposed to tank this season? Change of plan?

2. rob1

rob1 Member

great game!

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Ummm...yeah, kinda. There was this big trade that kinda changed the entire complexion of the season. It happened just a few days before the season started.

The rookies didn't play at all last night...I really thought Jones would be in the rotation from the beginning. I'd be pissed off if we had NOT made the trade for Harden and the rookies weren't getting any real minutes.

Harden is flat out ridiculous....and paired with Lin, that backcourt is solid and so much fun to watch.

4. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

Sounded like he said "that's basketball". Probably some kid asking what he was doing knelling down and shielding the ball and not trying to score a bucket. And Harden explaining about running down the clock.

5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

it is way better than solid. at least offensively, they are gonna be one of the best. they need some help, it's early, we'll see. i'm excited.

6. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

My best friend's little sister last night:

[​IMG]

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Love the backcourt, wish Lin wouldn't over-dribble so much. Hard to believe they'll both continue to improve. The finished product is going to be spectacular.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is not normal for guards to shoot 50%.

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

I am curious by what you mean by over dribbling. Someone else tweeted it out to me that he was doing that. Not attack just asking a simple question.

11. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

Came to see Lin, left with Harden.

12. whitedog324

whitedog324 Member

If it were not for the turnovers, Rockets could have sealed the deal within 3 quarters.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I love the guy, and I think he'll only improve. I'm very excited he is on our team. But I have noticed that he has a tendency to kill ball movement and over-dribble instead of making the pass. Obviously I don't mind when he penetrates with the ball in his hands. But it's the perimeter dribbling that I find just a little excessive. It has a tendency to get him into trouble. I'm sure he'll improve that part of his game.

14. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

The rest of the team is having trouble figuring out where to go without the ball. I'm talkin' 'bout practice.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lol you didn't have to say you loved Lin. I was actually just really curious about your overdribling comment. You weren't the first person to say as much. I will keep an eye out for it during tonights game. But there are a lot of areas Lin needs to improve upon so wouldn't be surprised if this was another one. But all in all I have been highly impressed by his play. He is so much better than last year. It is quite shocking.

16. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

But you're not supposed to just pass whenever there's a pass available. The playmaker's gotta make sure everyone is in their places and wait till everything is set and directed before making a move.
    Kinda like how Harden goes up top with the ball and just holds it dribbling the clock out until everything is set and Asik comes up.

Same thing with "over-penetration" comment I heard yesterday. IMO, an unmerited meme. The more you penetrate, the better. It's just that he hasn't been able to finish shots even I would make and ones that he's made every game last year. It's just his decision making when he gets in there, cuz I don't want to alarm anyone but he sure doesn't seem to have his legs under him..His ups, his explosiveness, ability to absorb contact and still score... I don't see it right now

17. awarde2

awarde2 Member

You know I do get it, that people have their preference of players, and that is OK. Sometimes we pick apart a players game to much. Lin is dribbling because he is waiting for people to get into place. Also each player has their own style of dribbling and playing. I think Lin will tell you himself that he has alot of areas to improve in. Hell Harden even said he has to improve in some areas himself. I know people are going to say I am a Lin lover, no a I am a Rockets fan lover. Lin is a perfectionist and will improve his game. I wander when he does, what else will people find with his game. The way i see it, Lin is dammed if he does, and dammed if he doesn't. smh..sheesh

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Just spoke with board member of Official @<a href="https://twitter.com/jlin7">jlin7</a> Houston Fan Club: they'll have 960+ headed to <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Rockets">#Rockets</a> game tonight. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Linsanity">#Linsanity</a></p>&mdash; Howard Chen (@ho_chenCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/ho_chenCSN/status/264812908477808640" data-datetime="2012-11-03T19:34:52+00:00">November 3, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edit: whoops wrong game thread

19. mirus

mirus Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ESAD5tKyQNw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.slamonline.com/online/media/slam-tv/2012/11/qa-james-harden/

20. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Someone got tell that to td!