1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 11/2/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 1, 2012.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think everyone can see here the main problem with the squad:

no bench.

We basically have become the Heat right now, one hell of a starting 5, and then you have three other guys in the lineup as a bench: Toney Douglas, Carlos Delfino and Greg Smith/Cole Aldrich (whichever's healthy).

LOL wtf is up with that? Why are DMo, Tjones, Machado and White still sitting on the bench after two games? Last game, sure I could understand, its the first game yada yada yada, but wtf is going on right now? Toney douglas does not belong on an NBA court, he had like 1 good game dating all the way back to preseason. Why did we keep him over Livingston? I dunno what's going on with Mchale, but any person can see Harden and Lin are being overworked. I hope Morey steps in and either trades away Douglas, or tells Mchale to activate Machado. Or both.

The last thing anyone wants to happen is for Harden/Lin to get worn down and become injured. You can expect massive hysteria on the boards if that happens.

2. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Josh smith is still a moron, I hope they don't go after him....also, tony douglas makes me hate the world

3. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Do we have a link for the post game interviews?

4. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

does anyone have a clue as to what James harden and the fan from the crowd were saying to each other has he was holding the ball till time expired at the end of the game?

5. Rocket_Man_2.0

We need to bring Livingston back..our backup pg could be the difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs. Sign Livingston, Cut Cook!:mad:

6. laserguy183

laserguy183 Member

Anyone notice Harden smack talking with a fan after that last AND 1 play close to the end of the game. It was the last highlight on the nba.com highlights.

7. AVP

AVP Member

I'm really glad to see Harden get his 45 points but the only reason he got that many points was the fact that no one else can really score. Lin was close but he shot way below 50% as well. This is not sustainable. For the Rockets to be winning consistently the bench must step up and Lin must return to his Linsanity form. If the Rockets rides on Harden like this every night he's not going to keep this up and probably be injured soon.

8. caneks

caneks Rookie

this game was played better than the first. guys did not give hawks any chance to run like in the first one.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

SO MUCH FOR HE CANT DO IT AGAIN...MAN...unreal...how did he drop in our lap

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

welcome back!!!!

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Man my grades are going to dip following the Rockets and Texans.

12. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

The reason why Asik didn't score a single point was because he was too busy grabbing rebounds and screens, so Harden was kind enough to score on his behalf. This is what teamwork is about.

13. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

The bench needs to step up, maybe Morey will to play other players to see if they can can contribute. I also think Parsons has had two bad offense games (although great 3 in the clutch!) and Asik though a beast on defense and rebounding was terrible on offense. Can he please dunk the ball!?!. Lin has been consistent both games, still need to make more of his shots though, but great effort on assists, defense and rebounding. Harden was amazing again, but made some terrible passes that lead to turnovers which killed momentum, but they are all still getting used to playing together so mistakes will happen.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Harden. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

15. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Between Lin, Harden and Parsons, our starting 1-3, we're averaging 19.5 rebounds, 20.5 assists and 5.5 steals a game. That is a very well-rounded output ...

16. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

The first present my soon to be born daughter is gonna get from me is a James Harden Jersey.

She can thank me later.

1 person likes this.
  17. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Still cannot believe Livingston was let go over DOUGLASS.

Every time Toney Douglas sets foot on a basketball court, a puppy gets run over. #FunFacts

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I swear if another person says lets get Smith. The guy is so overrated it's not funny. All he does is yank up jumpers and throw the ball away.A ball dominante player like him is a terrible fit with Harden and Lin. Millsap would be ideal.

19. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

lol. if you put it that way then i'm glad he wasn't cut. still good for something, i guess..

20. moose

moose Member

I hope we don't go after Josh Smith. Dude is plays with no brain. With his size advantage he took like 6 jumpers and didn't even bother to take advantage of Delfino. He's stats are empty.