1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 11/2/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 1, 2012.

1. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

I was thinking the same thing as watching them play with no energy. At least, that what it looked to me in the first half. Lin doesn't do well in 2nd game of back to back games. Hopefully, the adrenalin is pumped being that its the first home game.

Is the TC sold out for tomorrow?

2. conquistador#11

how do i repost tweets?
    ( Lin's no 1 hater) : " NIKKA PULL-EEZ. I AM NOT SOLD AT ALL. NEVER HAVE BEEN!!!!"
    in reply to david aldridge giving Lin props.

3. me005

me005 Member

We definitely need a reliable back up pg. I hope Livingston is still here.

4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He doesn't like playing rookies. Remember all his moaning and groaning about having a team without veterans? The problem is, you're not going to know what you have if you don't develop your rookies. Not playing TJones, Dmo, and White is a mistake. Hopefully McHale's time will be short here.

5. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Anyone post a Harden highlight reel for this game yet? Need an encore.

6. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I am really impressed by the intelligence and composure of Harden and Lin. It really helped the team with so many new and young players.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

click Expand, then Details, then Embed This Tweet, copy code into your post

8. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Someone tweet Morey to give us a damn backup PG!

9. umberto

umberto Member

Not to spoil the party but Harden play 44 min and 40 min (Lin 35 and 40 min) the first 2 games. If you need your best players to play 40+ min night in and night out to win games, that's not a good sign. You know how Tmac was used in Orlando and became a damaged good. Hope these will not became a norm.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Omer Asik's 19 boards without a point are the most rebounds without scoring in Rockets history. Unreal, but I'll take it!

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a fun team to watch. I love these guys. I even like Delfino now. Asik really anchors our defense. Especially that rebounding. I love it. As he and Harden play together more that's going to be an awesome P n' R combo.

The only negative is that we're still missing a ball handler when both Lin and Harden are on the bench. It's a long season, and with fatigue and injuries there will be times when both of them will have to be on the bench. I understand for money reasons why Livingston was cut, but it would be nice have him in there when both of those guys are out.

The thing I love about Harden, though is that he's wearing that clutch mantle like he was born with it. He knows exactly what to do and when he needs to take over. That's great instincts on his part, and it's great to have a real closer on our team.

12. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

thats scary real scary good scary great scary but scary ! :eek:

13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

When you see the tweet, look at the left corner and click details. Then click embed.:p
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-in-reply-to="264550652087250944"><p>Pul-leeze, @<a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt">daldridgetnt</a>. I'm not sold at all. Never have been.</p>&mdash; Stephen A Smith (@stephenasmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/264550859365564416" data-datetime="2012-11-03T02:13:34+00:00">November 3, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. conquistador#11

thanks commodore and royalty! I guess he didn't say the nikka part. sometimes i type and read so fast that I see words that are not there. :p

1 person likes this.
  15. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Just enjoy the ride :grin: , every team has a weakness when it comes down to it. I'm loving what I'm seeing from this team!

16. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

I'm scared about this for sure.

17. kentuckyalum

kentuckyalum Member

I'd take Boykins over Douglas. Douglas sucks. Always has, always will.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

We seriously need Livingston back. We waived the wrong guy.

20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

It's easy to say that now, but if they get injured and burnt out early from all of the minutes you will be singing a different tune.