1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 11/2/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 1, 2012.

1. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Come back wins on the road against any team in the NBA your first two games. Impressive.

2. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Tomorrow's home game is going to be tough. I know everyone has high expectations at the moment. But Harden and Lin will be extremely tired. So don't overreact when you see them with no energy.

I believe they were trying to conserve energy until the 4th quarter. That's why Lin was slowing the ball down and Harden wasn't going too fast in the 1st and 2nd quarter. But then again, it's their first home game. I just hope they don't injure themselves by going overboard.

I hope that they can lead by 25 by the 3rd quarter so that Lin and Harden can rest. Then again... seeing how Toney Douglas play, I'm not even sure that 25 is enough.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

even tho Les got criticized many time for his unwillingness to tank, I think he deserves a lot of credit for whats going on right now. Cheers weird laughing man!

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>How James Harden got 45. <a href="http://t.co/dgQLTeaS" title="http://twitpic.com/b9t27l">twitpic.com/b9t27l</a></p>&mdash; Eye on Basketball (@EyeOnBasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/EyeOnBasketball/status/264563062768545792" data-datetime="2012-11-03T03:02:04+00:00">November 3, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

He played tonight? I thought he was in a suit.

6. Gil

Gil Member

Can people please stop with the Josh Smith hype btw? Such an overrated player.

7. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

somebody please create a thead

James Harden MVP

and Clutch please sticky it

im furious because the media is just talking about the Knicks won over the Heat

and talking about Melo, and JR SMITH!!!!! JR is trending til now in twitter...

James Harden just trending for some minutes

please

8. SandboxRocket

SandboxRocket Member

This win just makes you smile.

Granted there are some facets that we need to improve on, it is just two games into the season, but the fact that we didn't lose our composure when ATL took the lead in the fourth is a good thing.

I'm just enjoying every game. Can't help but be positive about the future, it's gonna be really fun to watch HAL (Harden-Asik-Lin) grow their games together.

9. alethios

alethios Member

If you told me we'd be 2-0 on the road the first two games of the season with almost all new players and basically a new coach, I'd have said you're f'n crazy, but imagine what this team can do with more time together and people figuring out their roles. I can tell you there are a lot of surprised people around the league. Now, let's do this against some WC teams and we'll be the talk of the league.

10. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Houston always shows up to play when they host the Lakeshow, even dating back to games at the Summit.

Same thing against Jordan's Bulls. They were put through hell every time the Rockets would host them. The Rockets would routinely win the regular season series.

11. sidestep

sidestep Member

Tomorrow will be the third game in four days... It's not an easy schedule if Lin doesn't have his legs back.

Lin shot poorly today, which I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for some of his questionable shot selection in late-game PnR. It'll come around. That being said, his TS% tonight was still a respectable .538

It's good Harden is staying out of foul trouble but his defense could be better.

Saw some ugly sloppy basketball today, but pulled out an away-game win against a supposedly better team. I've always thought Josh Smith was a clown, and today confirms that with his long 2s. But credit does go to Patterson's defense tonight.

Considering how terrible the three point shooting was, it was remarkable the game didn't get away from us. Atlanta gave up so many pts in the paint.

I really feel bad piling on more criticism on Douglas but his defense is not as effective as the energy he puts into it. He hasn't been a stopper when he enters the game. Sigh.

#2131 sidestep, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I am confident with the Rockets' starters from offense and defense stand point...they looks solid. But the bench....OMG the Houston's bench is probably the weakest in the NBA. And this has a lot to do with McFail...the coach is horrible for not giving some of the potential rookies minutes. Why the **** you drive them when you don't even play them.

13. anson-ke

anson-ke Member

he has 2 3pts from 3 shots

14. ROF2012

ROF2012 Member

Both Knicks and Thunders want help the NBA league and Rockets :)

15. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

sic . . .

16. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

dang i missed it. can't wait to see the highlights!

17. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

This is BIG. This is what I loved most about tonights game, he got his points from under the basket, he had no fear!

18. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Watching the Clippers-Fakers game........ The Rox biggest problem will be playing teams with a great bench..... Clips have the best bench in the NBA.

19. sidestep

sidestep Member

I watched the recent Clippers-Memphis game. That was a fun game -- really intense. Clippers are indeed deep -- CP3 sat out quite a while and they made a run without him.

Rox 2nd unit needs to much better on defense. Jury is out on how well Cole anchors them, and their wing defense has been poor.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Monta Ellis took 20 shots and scored 14 points. James Harden took 19 shots and scored 45. <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#efficiency">#efficiency</a></p>&mdash; Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) <a href="https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/264568788215803904" data-datetime="2012-11-03T03:24:49+00:00">November 3, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>