1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 1/15/2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaru

amaru Member

I live in ATL. We are going 2 lose tonight.

:(

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I still care about this team (I mean, I'm here, posting), but I have absolutely no faith or confidence in our ability to win anymore.

Hawks 110, Rockets 96.

3. Rockets_4_life

I still like watching this team, but I watch to see the development of our young players...

I don't really care much about winning at this point..

4. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

i did. i was at the game. people were laughing at me. lol

5. eman

eman Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsx2vdn7gpY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsx2vdn7gpY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

6. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

I enjoy watching this team from especially in the 1st half. Sometimes the 3rd quarter. The 4th quarter mostly been heart-breaking and don't ask me about overtime..

7. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

I will continue to watch them because I love watching them. I just seeing them making same mistakes over and over again. :((

8. everyday eddie

I'll be watching, can only hope for a win, we'll see.

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

we're gonna win this one

hawks are overrated

10. Relentless

Relentless Member

As long as we don't get a 15 point lead we might have a chance

11. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Lol.. I kinda agree though... As long as game is close, they play tough... like Boston game.

12. Felece

Felece Member

How about lead the whole game by 20 points then losing everything in the 4th quarter? That sounds familiar

13. lalala902102001

The Rockets are 2-8 in their last 10 games, the worst in the West.

Yes I expect another loss. And that by all means is good news.

14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

its strange, from 91-99 all I did was watch Rockets anytime there was a game. Then I moved from Houston to go to college, lost touch for a few years since unless it was a nationally televised game, and then started getting audio league pass, and then NBALP, so on and so forth...

This is the first time I'm truly not looking forward to a game in 20 years. We play Atlanta tonight, and although ive been bummed and disappointed before about the injury bug, Yao and Tmac, etc... ive just never been so thoroughly unexcited about watching our guys play. I know that no matter how well we play, how big a lead we have, or when we have it... it could all end within a matter of minutes and thats it.

and thats the NBA I know, its how basketball is - thats how it could be ANY night. My problem with the Rockets is that its like that EVERY night. You cant just "see it in their eyes" or any of that BS. Last year you could, and this set of players isnt even all that different. I figured with Martin in and the Tmac drama gone, we'd be better.

nope. Maybe Ariza really did make a difference. Maybe some subtle changes disrupted whatever above-.500 chemistry and grit we had. Now I just feel like one of those teams thats always in the game, but can never win.

Theres a game tonight, and im off work, and im thinking of just doing something else. Maybe going out to a movie or something. I want to make plans so im tempted to sit and watch our team struggle. They're good too, we have amazingly talented guys, but it seems like Rick has lost his touch as well and its just not "clicking."

I love Scola, and I think he is our best player, but if he put half of his craftiness and energy into defense as well, he'd be the perfect player. Hayes is great, but his offense and height are iffy. Budinger is a great shooter, but he's too tentative. Brooks is a great shooter, but shoots too much. Lowry has become a better shooter, but he's still not consistent enough for leadership. Miller is a good veteran but suspect on both ends as well. Hill has great upside, but when did "potential" solve any problems of the present? Lee can be awesome, but he also disappears and doesnt get enough time. Patterson has been great, but he doesnt drive and isnt aggressive enough on the offensive end I dont think. Williams? Has potential, but he makes dumb decisions.

Every NBA player has weaknesses, but ALL of our players have problems that are almost equal to their strengths! Martin!?!? For crying out loud, he can score 39pts in 3 quarters and then just get held up and disappear in the 4th. He cant defend, tho he does have moments.

This is too lengthy, I just started rambling. I just dont understand why our guys dont have that back-to-the-wall mentality that drives so many struggling teams and athletes. We're playing teams with better records, but we're in and KILLING them in every game... just to be tossed aside once they "decide" to finish up.

I cant believe Yao is out again. I cant believe its been 4-5 years of such serious injury to our best players, and before that we had only 2 healthy players that couldnt be surrounded with better role players. Could you imagine these guys with Tmac and Yao. GOD thatd be amazing.

I wonder when it'll be our time again. Its not this year, and for a fan(atic) its just a punch to the gut.

Maybe I'll watch tonight, I dunno. We'll see.

2 people like this.
  15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

PS - and for the love of god, can we make some FTs??? Scola, CMON man! He missed 5-6 didnt he?

NO 110
    HOU 105

thanks Scola. If Okafur can make his, YOU can.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I kinda hope Brad Miller gets posterized on real real bad by Josh Smith for losing that Blazers game for us.

17. HTownRockets#34

why the sad face?

TANK!

but seriously, we're gonna win this game, cuz we can't do anything properly (in this case tank). ;)

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, the losses don't bother me as much as they did earlier in the year. They are painful in the moment, but the pain doesn't linger anymore after the game.

The season looks to be a failure. I greatly overrated our depth and resilience to injury.

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I have to give you a lot of credit for that post... well written, really laid it out there and probably represented what a lot of Rockets fans are thinking these days.

It's frustrating, but I'm still holding out until February 24th before drawing any hard conclusions. The Rockets could significantly boost their chances this season, or they could make a move for the future. Just hoping they make a big step towards one of those two... where they are now is not a good spot.

20. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

Jonathan_Feigen Jonathan Feigen
    Another bad sign: Rockets did not land in until about 2:45 a.m. and several said they could not sleep at all after 4th q collapse, OT loss.

Yikes. I hope Adelman will just let our bench play heavy minutes. We'll probably lose anyway, but it's really our best shot since our starters all played 40+ minutes last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.