1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 1/10/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2014.

1. yummyhawtsauce

extremely disappointed in Lin's play. The 2 pnter at the end is whatever, but for the final play why would he try to pass, just shoot it man, you hav eno time. so many dumb mistakes. holy crap.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good. Somebody noticed that too. Mediocre, lackadaisical mindset.

Win some, lose some.

3. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Pathetic is the only word I have to describe tonight's game. I want a new coaching staff. Bring in Kubiak and Wade Phillips for all I care but the current staff has to go.

And with 5 seconds left and Rockets down 3 why do the rockets choose to put Howard back into the game. All Atlanta had to do was foul Dwight and the Rockets wouldn't have even gotten a chance to get off a potentially game tying 3.

#1343 Horry33, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  4. Nook

Nook Member

LOL Tell us what you really think.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You have to be kidding me.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Last year essentially zero injuries.

This year a lot.

7. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

It's fine for an SG, which is basically what Lin is here.

8. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

And I hate the "young team" excuse. Your superstar players can suffer an injury at any time and then never be the same again. You live for the moment. Rockets need to get Harden and Howard help now instead of waiting until the summer of 2015 for the cap space.

9. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Lin's an absolute hack.

But, looks like he's here to stay. His dumpster fire of a contract will be tough to move w/o a 1st-rounder attached.

10. ILoveWhiteGirls

You're an idiot does that answer it?

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Truth

And a matching 1st round loss.

Both coaches suck as well.

12. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Even if Lin were paid peanuts, he'd still be getting the blame around here.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

That AB to Howard TO ... That's why with the game on the line, we need to call plays. No room for mistakes and miscommunication.

So what else is new with the Rockets? This will be another wasted year.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We absolutely have an issue at PG IMO. We have Bev and Lin and that's it. Bev is hurt, Lin is Lin, and AB wishes he was a PG. I really would like to see if we can pry Hinrich away from the Bulls.

We have backups to Parsons or we supposedly do: Casspi and Garcia. Unfortunately, Garcia has been rather cold this season though I can't get down too much on a vet min player. I strongly feel the team looks a lot smoother with Parsons on the field and it gives us a nice third option. I really hope Brewer is starting because we are trying to show case him.

As for Howard and Harden, the entire injury thing has really thrown us into chaos. Both Smith and Asik being out really hurts us. It doesn't help that D-Mo is pretty much useless. Harden normally has Lin to spell him minutes, but due to our lack of (IMO) PG depth, we have to keep Lin at point or rely on AB at point who is NOT a PG.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It would consist of a whole bunch of these - **** **** ******** ****** **** ***** **** ***** ******* ******* ********** **** ******** ***** ******* ******* **** ****** ******* *** ***** ***** ***** *** **** *** ******!!!!

16. LoLin

LoLin Member

Again, he has no chance of making that shot, Krover's hand was already in his face and would block it.

The play that should be extremely disappointed is his ISO that lead to 3 sec. violation. I've never been a fan of ISO regardless of who is holding the ball. Harden, Lin, doesn't matter. Lin should not have kept that ball for so long without even getting others involved. Very poor decision.

17. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I bring up the health thing because last year's team was healthy that entire season, yet were getting beat by crummy teams left and right. Blow outs don't matter, they're great, especially that game against Utah, but in the end a blow out counts for one game. They beat the snot out of the Kings last year but ended up losing two important games that cost them the 6th seed.

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

you expected something more than a 1st round win? I thought it would take about 50 games to really get something going. then maybe a first round win then done.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am sick of this team losing to inferior opponents due to lack of effort.

McHale is horrible at getting this team ready to play.

DD

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Lin needs to practice with an electric shock collar. Touch the 3pt line.. zap.

On a serious note, what's up with Lin lately. He seems really out of it, like he doesn't give much of a damn.

1 person likes this.