1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 7/26/2020 (Scrimmage)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 25, 2020.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Our best lineups have BMac. I'm not sure why this board is so down on him. You can say he's not a good defender but our team defense with him is obviously still good because the net ratings are high.

pr0wler, MorningZippo and D-rock like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I really need to know what u people are expecting

They are not gonna radically change what they are doing. What? Are y’all expecting them to go from ISO heavy to GS or the 02 Kings over the course of a few weeks and a few scrimmages with the playoffs only 8 games away?

these scrimmages are meaningless

main priorities are to stay healthy, get rotations and communication down, and shake off rust

all these mistakes they made tonight are for film and practice tomorrow...the more mistakes made during these useless scrimmages the better

call me when it’s game 4 of the regular season and everyone looks sharp while we still look suspect, then I might start worrying

3. Caprah

Caprah Member

I much rather see the pelicans get the 8th seed then the grizz whom will get slaughtered by the lakers. I think the pelicans will push the lakers so in the second round we will get a tired lakers team

D-rock likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't think anyone is down on BMac, it's just frustrating when these guys are walking into the lane unmolested and getting rebounds with little effort. I was thinking you could sacrifice Bmac's offensive production to shore up the defense.

I don't think that anymore. BMAC the only one that can hit open jumpers.

HP3 likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

that sounds to me like u don’t believe much in this team anyways, so u would be complaining about them regardless

Or am I to think that if they were dominating these scrimmages you’d be believing they’re title bound?

they could look like the 17 Warriors in these scrimmages and it would still be meaningless...these are glorified practices, nothing more, nothing less

Call me if it’s game 4 of the regular season and they still look suspect.

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  6. Mr. Space City

B-Mac that Gerald Green replacement that has those games where he can just black out from 3 which forces him into the rotation despite his other deficiencies.

pr0wler, icewill36 and D-rock like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum
    Scrimmages are real life !
    Am I doing this right ?

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

The Lakers are not going to get tired. They are only going to get better and harder to beat the longer this goes on. Lebron is rusty even though he's moving well. You can tell by his jumper. He's older so it's going to take him longer to really get going. Also they have to work in waiters and Smith.

I don't think any team is going to be tired. Once the finals start they should be in mid season form. It might be the most well played finals ever.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Easy win

D-rock likes this.
  10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I will always be a loyal fan of the team. I am not a believer in this system.

I don't just complain to complain.

As always we can reassess after real tests like a series against the nuggets, or any other top contending west team.

I am not expecting some magic pill in the regular season/playoffs where the obvious defense and rebounding holes close, though.

11. Mr. Space City

I miss cayleigh :(

Remlap, pr0wler, Deckard and 3 others like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Idk why to this day people still take things like preseason or something like these scrimmages so seriously.

people are acting like the Rockets would come into any of these scrimmages with intent of winning instead of treating them like what they are intended to be which is a step up from a regular practice scrimmage

If this was your 1st season watching ball, then ok, I get it, but if you’re supposed to be a vet and are making sweeping conclusions based off things like preseason or scrimmage play, then I have to question u.

they could look amazing or horrible, and it wouldn’t really matter because nobody is treating these as real, meaningful games...plenty of teams have looked amazing in preseason, then mediocre or atrocious in the regular season, and vice versa

Wake me up when the regular season is well underway.

D-rock and tinman like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden taking these games more seriously than some of you guys. Interesting development.

Remlap, Deckard, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

15. rockets13champs

If it’s less than a 4 game difference then grizzlies/Pelicans are for sure playing a play in game. I got pelicans in a 1 game playoff due to experience of JJ reddick, the X factor of zion, Ingram an allstar. Team can play fast with the grizz and beat them at their game

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

despite constant handchecking and assault, despite our only 2 'bigs' fouling out on bs, despite getting nothing from ego and brodie.... harden still singlehandedly beat a playoff team.

the final look of miserable defeat on moront's ugly daryl soulglo face was worth the 2.5hrs of having to endure those hideous hee haw memphis announcers

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

makes absolute sense to me. he's always been a rhythm player. this isn't easing into 82 games season. it's 8 and its playoff go time.

Nook likes this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden wanted to win this meaningless game and get conditioning? not like this Jim... not like this...

BigShasta likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Makes sense to me too.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude you know the reason !

Isn’t this where all the other fans salivate with on their knees when Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman show turns on?

@Os Trigonum

you have to realize the era of smart Rockets fans is over

it’s a few of us and bunch of media drones

Reeko and BigShasta like this.