1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 3/20/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 20, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You just said you don't believe Harden will get the MVP because the FO and the team has failed Harden. You just said Rockets have no chance to win a title. IMO hope at least affords you the pleasure of whining about this stuff. You have no hope of anything this season. whats the point?

[​IMG]

s3ts, don grahamleone and HP3 like this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

to tell you to FOAD? again, you are going down the wrong road questioning why an old time CF vet posts here.

3. JW86

JW86 Member

should not have been this close. Playing with fire here lately!

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This remains to be seen. Last year’s team was *special*. Not only did they win 65 win games and push the Warriors to the brink, but the defense, the chemistry, the focus level was all spot-on. I think that is a dubious claim given the way the season has transpired, but I hope that to be the case come playoff time, though. We shall see.

The good news is in the playoffs there won’t be any scrub teams for us to no-show against.

BaselineFade, HP3, adw and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mr. Space City

Media Conspiracy

BeBreezy, Gray_Jay, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I had to google what FOAD mean. I'm not good with acronyms. furthermore, that's not a good reason to be on Clutchfans.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You're always pessimistic, dubious is your god mother.

RichieBanks and don grahamleone like this.
  8. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

We really needed EG and Faried tonight.

Other than that, I’m proud of the fellas for coming back.

Again, defensive rebounds is what we need. I would suggest starting Faried at the 4 vs teams with big 5s.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Chris Paul injury last year broke my spirit. I got my hopes up and let myself believe and the basketball gods struck me down.

I now know to expect the worst and hope for the best. I ne

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

last year's team had better versions of cp3/ego and harden/tucker were less exhausted. capela was much better defensively as well. this year in ariza's place we have house/faried, who are both untested in the postseason. faried is a defensive liability and rivers' shot is streaky as they come. nene/GG are about the same. shumpert...lol

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Jake Valecjunis is going to be in for a rude awakening next game when he doesn't get these phantom calls next game. Dude had like 19 FTs. I'm pretty sure that's his career high.

slothy420 and Rocket River like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I tend to agree with that. Ppl in here think we are better but in reality we are just deeper with playable players, mind you, playable but not necessarily better talent.

House makes us look better on Offense.

Harden had to carry us much more this year. Harden is better this year for sure but is that sustainable? Not so sure.

J Sizzle likes this.
  13. don grahamleone

I'm marking this post for inaccuracy.

Rox Addict and Remlap like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Seniority doesn't absolve you from trash posts. You think the FO failed Harden, You think the team has failed Harden. You don't think Harden can win MVP and you don't think Rockets can win the chip. And the only reason you are on clutchfans is to make sure I FOAD.

I mean... old time vet or not, reads like you are wasting your time.

HP3 likes this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

welcome to ignore

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Agreed. I think this team is deeper, but not better. This year’s team is not special. Last year’s was. Hard to replicate that. It’s more than on paper talent.

pippendagimp likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm saddened. :(

18. don grahamleone

Come on man, you can't simplify on a Rockets website. You are a long time member and respected highly, no need to pretend Harden doesn't earn most of his fouls. The dude baits people into actually fouling him a lot. I know it's frustrating, but it's still a foul. He tricked you and you fell for it. That's life. It's like blaming the catfish out there after you gave them your cc information. That's your fault for falling for the bs.

19. don grahamleone

Come to think of it, Noah wasn't getting the bs JV calls... because he sucks at the FT line.

Remlap likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

@what is a long time poster and deserves a little respect as a fan of a rival. I'm not saying he's right, but your take is a little too disrespectful of a contributor to this site.