1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 12/28/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2007.

1. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Good news: WHen we are up by 17 or more, we are hard to beat

Bad news: When we get down by 9 in the 2nd half, it is hard to come back...

2. laowan

laowan Member

Two Gs for two PFs.You are kidding.Right?

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I still think we should be looking to trade Alston, Head, Landry and a draft pick for Andre Miller.

Let Miller be our starting PG and Brooks his backup.

Miller would be great under Adelman.

5. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Okay, good win. We did what we were supposed to do: beat up on an inferior team.

Scola, man what can you say about him? I'm think I'm going to sum up his game with one word: crafty. He's not athletic, not quick, can't jump very high, and runs slower than dirt on the court, but he's just damn creative in the low post. Oh, man and that play where he stole it from Lowry and then threw it off his legs, AWESOME!

Yao played well. I was pretty pissed at him in the first half when we got rolling and then he stupidly fouled Swift for his 3rd foul and the lead almost got away...but the big fella came back nicely in the 2nd half, and DOMINATED.

Brooks was great! Man, he is just unbelievably quick isn't he fellas?! I love the way he pushes the ball. I don't think he is anywhere near ready to start, and not sure he ever will unless he proves he can guard some of the bigger PGs, but he sure is hell is looking like the steal of the draft. Hope he doesn't hit the rookie wall in March though.

Battier, he needs to look for his offense more often. Good things happen when he does.

Bonzi played great D on Gay and basically shut him down...

Nice and easy win! But my only issue: Why the HELL did Adelman keep Yao in the game until the end, especially after he caught the 'bow from Swift? That is asking for trouble...

Man, if the guys can ball like that once McGrady is back, like the commerical says: Imagine the Possibilities!

BUT we got a tough one tomorrow. Toronto should be a winnable game even w/o McGrady, but they're gonna be inspired after beating the Spurs...

6. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

A good win to get back on track. Good to see easy, open basket instead of isolation plays. Offense improves without Tmac as everyone was sharing the ball. Tmac need to play within the system when he comes back instead of jacking jumpers. Get some rest and be ready for those Raptors!!! Go Rox.

7. MM=unbeatable

MM=unbeatable Member

good game for ROX
    damn, why the hell did Scola play so well only when Tmac's not playing

8. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I think we'd be giving up too much. I'd keep Landry. He's an upgrade over Hayes. Also, I think you're valuing Miller too highly....

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

IF ANY OF THE MODS READ THIS PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT SAINT LOUIS' ACCOUNT

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

great win, I hope they can continue this kind of play.

scola was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

11. Rock_Johnson

Rock_Johnson Rookie

Very lousy, SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Yea me 2 :cool:

13. opticon

opticon Member

he is actually getting to put up some shots with tmac out. Its hard to get your shot going when you only get 3 or 4 attempts a game. Scola needs put up at least 15 attempts a game so we can take full advantage of his game.

With tmac in the line up demanding 20 plus shot a game i dont see that happening. Tracy needs to buy into taking fewer shots a game he needs to be in the sub 20 shot range for this team to really be able to go any where in the playoffs.

14. Rock_Johnson

Rock_Johnson Rookie

Why the user "SAINT LOUIS" is contributing member??????????????????????????????????????????

WTF! :mad: :mad:

15. jc1988

jc1988 Member

on league pass, this Griz assisant coach said "Yao is not a shot blocker" or something..

wtf..

he blocked 5 shots this game.

16. Jamguo

Jamguo Member

Yes, it is a kidding just.
    :D :D

17. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

On the contrary, I think you are overvaluing the pieces we would be giving them. I think Miller is actually undervalued by most fans and many experts. I know Miller's game and have liked him for years.

As far as the pieces in my proposal:

Alston is not a big loss.

Trade Head as soon as possible even if not in this deal. We should have moved Head while he was overvalued at the end of last season.

Landry looks solid but is still an undersized PF.

Giving Philly a couple of young players, a replacement PG and a draft pick would make the deal good for both sides.

18. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I liked TMac as a player, but his lack of effort drives me crazy. He habitually leaves his man on defense and after a rebound, he just doesn't hustle.

By contrast, there was a sequence in tonight's game against the Grizz that showed the big difference between Yao and Tracy. Lumbering 7'6" unathletic and not particularly gifted Yao sprinted all the way down the court and got rewarded when Bonzi made a sweet pass to Yao. After Gasol flew by, Yao gathered himself for a big dunk.

Why doesn't McGrady hustle down the court. It is a lot harder for Yao to run down the court than McGrady, but all I see is TMac walking up the court after a rebound. Could this be the big reason why we're last in the league in fast break points? It is because our $20 million SG doesn't run on offense. What gives??

19. MONON

MONON Member

Out here in the hill country, I had to watch the Spurs loose to the Raptors. This was the 1st time I've seen Jose Calderon play. I now know why everyone on this board wants the Rockets to trade for him. I also know why Toronto ain't gonna let him go. The last 5 minutes of the game with Toronto protecting an 8-10 point lead, he brought the ball up the court by himself with Parker all over him. Man, he can dribble the ball under preasure!!!!!

Hopefully ya'll will get to see Brooks on Calderon tomorrow night. Then we'll know if Brooks can play defense. Wish I could see that!

20. opticon

opticon Member

Calderon has mad game. Even if Tj decides to play again I don't think he will be able to get his stating job back. Its funny I remember reading a thread in nba dish about witch players would be stars if ____ was not on the team. One of the players mentioned was Jose Calderon would be a star if Tj ford was not on the team. If I where the Knicks I would make a move and get Tj from the raptors while his value is low.