1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 11/9/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

well I'm done commiserating over the rox's loss tonight.

As a Lin fan, the jury is still out on him as a player. I was losing my faith in him until the fourth but he has been way too passive this season nonetheless.

See you all tomorrow night.

2. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

I really don't think the 10lbs is hurting him, he looks visibly leaner, especially his face.
    Should make him faster.

Knee surgery does funny things to your motor skills and nervous system
    It will take some time for his nervous system to stop "holding back"

I remeber when I sprained my ankle bad, tore up ligaments, from testing my jump and landing on a BBall... for a 1+year later my body would always freak out whenever I tried to do a conscious jump, and would hold back from full effort.
    Only when I do it without thinking did it no bother me so much...

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lin only fans showing their true cloures. Bash harden to propup lin.

4. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

tks for this one and previous ones, indeed put the game in perspective for me. I was kind of disappointed at first. I don't want to have false hope and build my faith in Lin on illusions, though Im not going to abandon Lin and the team. So, tks for your input, helps a lot.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Someones speakes the truth

6. me005

me005 Member

Offensive boards and TOs cost our game. While our Big 3 have 14 of the 20 TOs, I found it hard to blame them. I don't think they expect to play 40 mins every game right out of the gate (I bet is the highest in the league), they just lost energy/concentration at times and led to TOs. PP is not getting enough rebounds as a PF, I agree TJ should be given a chance.

Ball movement better than last game but still look awkward, our bigs just not setting the screens properly. Positive thing is we lost 3 close games - keep hustling, young team will continue to learn.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I haven't been concerned with Harden, and long-term I'm still not, but geez was tonight bad. He didn't look like the same player at all. His turnovers were painful and his shot has just disappeared.

It has got to be tough when defenses are completely focused in on you and you don't exactly have offensively-gifted teammates to take the pressure off at times, but that's his job right now. He's trying to prove he's an elite scorer/player, and he's got to make things happen just the same.

Honestly, wins/losses don't matter as much to me right now... I'm just hoping the Rockets don't fall into the short-term thinking trap and make a trade now that isn't in the best interest of the future of the team. There's a glaring need for some frontcourt scoring though.

8. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

He might be faster...but just a lil...you still need more muscles to finish with body contacts near the rims.

9. nono

nono Member

I just feel sad for Harden. Why would I feel angry at the best thing to happen to the Rockets since Hakeem ? He must feel the humiliation of going from a contending team to playing with a bunch of scrubs. Clutch, you said that you worry the team will be forced to make a trade that is not good. The problem is, the superstar players can not be had for a while. I'm talking about players like Aldridge or Love, whom we can not sign for at least 2 more years due to their contract situations ? How longer can you watch the current misery? We are just one competent post scorer away from being a top 5 team in the West. We won't compete, but we'll still be able to use that player in a trade should we decide to go after Aldridge or Love in a couple of years.

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden seems to have tunnel vision at times. especially when he goes into ISO mode. McGrady atleast attempted to make those kickout passes when he was in ISO attacking the basket. Harden just goes straight bucket without looking at anything or anyone else.

11. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Some frontcourt scoring who can also do a great pick for HarLin.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Assuming Lin stuck with Sparta, he would have lost 10 pounds of mostly fat, not muscle. I would imagine they trained him to keep his strength and stability, while losing some fat. That's possible, it's not like he lost 30 pounds.

It's all a combination of his knee not being 100%, teams are coming at him stronger and more well informed, and he doesn't have a shooter and finisher. That last one may be the biggest reason though. Good shots aren't being made.

He's leaping strong, with confidence, and sprinting without any hitches...his knee is probably almost at 100%.

13. Mr. Space City

welp, it's time to go to bed.

14. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

stop it, just stop it.

U don't care about the team, u don't care about win or lose, u don't care about any player of out team except one. U have nothing to do with this place whatsoever.

Stop it!

15. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Lin makes $5 million this year and $5 million next year.

Still can't dribble the basketball though, fking scares me.

16. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

first of all it's LOHs AND some of the LOFs bashing Lin due to his lack of performance and then some other LOFs were fighting back then Spiegel showed up and said LOFs bash Harden to blah blah blah.

17. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Just blame all our other players for his poor play. :rolleyes: He probably chose to come here because he wanted to be the "man." That was probably what sold him to choose leaving OKC and coming to the Rockets. Now he's being paid a lot so the pressure is on.

18. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

It seems he cares about the LOFs ONLY. LOL

19. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Lin's making $5 million this year and $5 million next year you dumb fuq.
    But you're right what kind of point guard can't dribble the ball.

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden is terrible right now, but use him as an excuse for lins terrible play is a copout.