1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 11/9/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2012.

1. nono

nono Member

I am not sure. I might be wrong.

2. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

We hope Delfino goes 5 for 6 from 3 again... :)

3. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

I hope Rockets win James Harden needs to get back on track hopefully the whole team shows up this time

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It will be blacked out for those in the Houston area.

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

nevermind the individual quality....its the team where the power resides...the basketball is a team sport...

6. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Memphis will probably win this one, they're a more cohesive group and have developed solid chemistry with that squad. While we are a brand new team with little continuity, turnovers are a big problem for us right now and Memphis is a team that thrives off of forcing turnovers and turning them into transistion buckets.

Unless Harden goes for 40+ on Tony Allen I don't really see this game being very competitive.

7. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

Will it be blacked out for sure on nbatv in Housto???

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Either the turning point of the season, or continual frustration. On paper, Grizzs should destroy us, but if we play like the 1st 2 games, I see a reversal. I don't think Patterson can hold Randolph, or Gasol. Unless the Grizzs play stupid shoot outside like what we've been doing, we can win this. Whoever plays to their strength will win, for the Rockets just play unselfish and for the Grizzs, just dump the ball inside.

Rockets 100
    Grizzlies 97

9. Defy9

Defy9 Member

The fifth game into the regular season and it's the turning point of the season...I think that's a tad dramatic...

10. VanityHalfBlack

Yes without a doubt it will be blacked out because If I recall in preseason they blacked one of the Rockets game as well.... Am I right, yes/no????

11. torocan

torocan Member

Let's see...

Before the season started, we pretty much understood that at best, the Rockets' would be shooting for a LOW playoff seed.

That means a good performance would not be much better than a .500 record.

That implies we'll lose more games against legitimate playoff teams than win against legitimate playoff teams, and win more games against sub-par teams than lose against sub-par teams.

If we lose against Memphis, it's pretty much baked in. The Grizzlies have more veterans, a more stable line up, and are a legitimate playoff team.

To call this any sort of "turning point", or critical 5 games into an 82 game season when we have a .500 record is WAY over the top.

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Tough road game. More than a win, i just wanna see some progress on our execution on offense. Jeremy Lin has to be aggressive! The beard will get his shots no doubt. Hoping to see a better outing from Chandler.

13. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Have to agree. I don't like this game for Houston. Memphis is good at taking away the high pick n roll, and Tony Allen is good at neutralizing and frustrating the other team's best wing player. With Harden outside of his comfort zone or unable to execute the plays he's so great in, it's hard to know where the Rockets' points will even come from.

I guess one silver lining is that we won't have to hear as much plaintive whining about how meaningless stat-stuffing summer league "sensation" Terrence Jones, of all people, should be getting 10+ minutes a night.

Rockets fans may indeed get their wish. In a blowout.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Honestly the BIG thing that needs to be worked on is shooting. If the entire team can get out of there 3 point shooting slump that will open the lane up SO much more for Harden & Lin. That is really all I am looking for win or lose just want to see some better outside shooting.

15. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

That would be fun to watch. Starting to think Lin's weight drop maybe affecting his shooting and finishing. It was mentioned that he dropped 10 pounds during the off-season. That's a lot, considering it would be almost all muscle.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Won't be able to watch unless they show the game at La Griglia. Not likely. Damn wedding rehearsals. :(

17. pandaboy99

pandaboy99 Member

Houston is expected to lose this game by 7 and yet fans will still complain and be disappointed. Have to lower your expectations guys! if the rockets lose and beat the spread then its a positive sign.

18. Arthurprescott2

Well the core players of Memphis have been together for a while so their "team-ness" or chemistry exceeds our team's for sure.

19. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

I am looking forward to Rockets win tonight....of course its hard to predict it but we were competitive till the last minute in previous 4 games so i dont see reason why tis time we should expect something different...there's a lot of whining b****ing and complaining about rockets game however the truth is the team is playing well...noone team can win every time...we have harden we have Lin we are a good rebounding team we are young and agile...what more we can ask for...

20. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Like see Lin get chance run left/right side PNR and try to get lane. All his assist last game where transition. Too many Harden iso or high PNR where he doesn't create for another player.

Also get Greg smith back in for PNR - he look so much better then anyone else at it so far.