1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 10/6/2015 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 4, 2015.

1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Great to have the Rockets back! Preseason game, meant nothing, no effort, just a pick up game. Just enjoy seeing our guys jog their way back into shape (except Brew who is already in midseason form)

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

-First (over) reactions in preseason game one-

-Lawson looks great, but he could be more needed with that second unit. They struggled to score.
    -Bigs for Houston (Dwight & Capela) need to stay healthy. There just isn't much size out there besides those two
    -Jones struggled, but he's only had like 1 or 2 practices. Looks like he did last year coming back from injury. Hopefully that nerve issue with his leg didn't permanently zap his athleticism. The Rockets are going to need him this year.
    -Harden and Howard looked a bit rusty, but not really out of shape. Not really worried about them two.
    -KJ is still raw but he needs to find a role this year. Too much talent. Glad we got him for THREE years on a value deal WITH bird rights.
    -Dekker really, really struggled. Just looked lost and not confident. He's going to need to find a groove in the NBA, and probably will need time in the D-League first to get himself figured out.
    -Its early but I wouldn't rule out Cummings yet for that 15th spot just because we have two good PG's and Terry as an emergency PG. The guy looked calm running the show, and has nice size to play good solid D.

1 person likes this.
  3. ptR91

ptR91 Member

so glad basketball is back. my sleep pattern is gonna suck.

Great penetration from lawson (expected) to open up for other players (harden... haha). I didn't see much of Howard post ups, unless i missed it. Rooks getting some good exposure. ahhhh im so excited!!!!

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lawson / Harden did not fundamentally alter the offense, and create some unstoppable juggernaut. Mostly just traded off isolation. Defensively they struggled, poor rotations, a bunch of wide open shots in the first. Beverley struggled to create offense off the bench.

It just makes sense to start Beverley and bring Lawson off the bench.

5. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

Excited about Ty, his dribble fakes are amazing

6. archinkent

archinkent Member

Didn't catch the game. Hopefully there will be highlights.

7. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Excellent analysis and agree with everything you posted.

Was hoping for more from Thornton, he did not look very good.

Ariza and Brewer are in mid season form.

Looking forward to seeing Harrell soon to see how lost he looks.

Dekker definitely needs D League burn to get used to the speed of the game.

Knew nothing about Cummings, he was impressive and looks like he has a future in the NBA.

8. RESINator

RESINator Member

Wow so many misses 3s... good thing its just preseason to get them warmed up for opening night

9. bmd

bmd Member

I can sum up the game:

They looked rusty.

10. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Absolutely agree with this, he would be so much more of an asset coming off the bench instead of competing with Harden.

11. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Sitting section 120 row 1 tomorrow. Can't wait to see TY, Howard and Harden kill it.

12. i3artow i3aller

:cool:

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/e227wWMKOMM/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

13. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Just like in 2k

Kg is getting the back up sg spot

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think I'll give them a few more games to see if they can gel, starting together. Obviously, since they're new teammates (and with Lawson having to learn McHale's system), the chemistry is not there.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well that was a pretty terrible game as a team. There are some things that I liked though.

Lawson: love him with that 1st unit, and then staggering Lawson and Harden's minutes. When Lawson and Harden learn to click and play together offensively we will be unstoppable. It's the first preseason game so of course there will be some niggles to work out. I really hope Lawson is the starter.

Dwight: looked decent defensively, had a couple of nice blocks. Offensively he looks pretty slow though which I guess is something we'll have to deal with as he gets older. And free throws look worse than ever, I like the new form, but he's putting TOO much arch on his shot.

Harden: looked pretty bad. Like he didn't do **** all summer and just walked out there and played. Of course I'm not worried about it at all, he's the last guy you worry about.

Beverley: didn't look good offensively, but not really worried about him much either.

Jones: was he trying too hard? This is about the worst I've seen him look, wow. Needs to relax and let the game come to him.

Capela: Played the 1st half like it was his first ever NBA game, settled in a bit in the 2nd half.

Dekker: clearly was nervous as **** and looked lost, we'll see if he can settle in.

Everyone else was just garbage time so can't draw too many conclusions. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

If Ty starts, I think Bev needs to sub in much earlier. Him trying to facilitate w/ the 2nd unit is gonna be a strong no.

17. bmd

bmd Member

Great work by Dekker tonight.

[​IMG]

18. malakas

malakas Member

thanx guys for the post game analysis/recap. Just came home and missed the game. Gonna download it later. Tho it seems to have been pretty bad for the eyes from what I read now in twitter?
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="el"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Grizzlies win 92-89. My recap: <a href="http://t.co/tZrg2RqVJu">pic.twitter.com/tZrg2RqVJu</a></p>&mdash; Kevin Lipe (@FlyerGrizBlog) <a href="https://twitter.com/FlyerGrizBlog/status/651585295041830912">Οκτώβριος 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lol

19. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

I'm telling you it's like he cloned himself.

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Bev needs a facilitator on the court with him for sure.