1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 10/22/05

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Fijiman

Fijiman Contributing Member

I know everyone was off their game in the second half, but it sure felt like Wesley was the main culprit. I really wish we had used Head in his place. With three preseason games left and the need to iron out our final rotations, I think Wesley has ran out of time. We really need to give DA or Head more of his minutes. Oh well, at least Yao and Stro looked good together in the first half...

2. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Give half of Wesley's minutes to Head and DA. Wesley stinks. :mad:

3. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I heard they moved the game to Monday because of the World Series. Can anyone else confirm this?

4. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

I'm actually glad that we lost tonights game. Its gonna put more emphasis on all the mistakes that we made. All the turnovers, fouls and sloppiness. Thats what preseason is all about folks..

On a side note: the stro's simply lost tonight b/c of roger leaving in the second inning. We should be allright in the upcoming games.....Hopefully

5. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

watched the play by play on yahoo. that game stank. wish they had given head more minutes and wesley less.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Where did you hear that? I would be shocked if they did that.....

DD

7. lil-vic

lil-vic Member

I been very impressed with stromile's game. His defense is good, his offense is better than i thought. I thought all he could do was dunk but he can hit the midrange jumper and has some quick post moves. Also, what impressed me the most about his game is his passing ability. He finds other teammates well passing out the post.

The only person that dissapoints me is david wesley's shooting. I know its preseason but this game he forced a lot of bad shots. Hopefully he'll come out the slump before the season.

8. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Moochie could have done better than Wesley tonight....

9. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Games like tonight's are exactly why I had wished Wesley would be gone in the offseason, but hey, I guess you can't get everything you want, at least this is his final season.

10. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I don't see what the big deal is. If he continues to stink it up, then he'll get parked on the bench. JVG is no dummy. And he doesn't play favorites. Jim Jackson was supposedly the coach's pet, but that didn't prevent him from getting moved when we needed an upgrade. Hell, JVG has even sat Yao down on some nights when Mutombo was outperforming him.

If Wesley can't play well, then he won't play. Period.

11. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

My bad. I think what they changed was the start time. They moved it up to 6:00 p.m. or something like that because of the Astros game. It was originally scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Sunday. This is what a lack of sleep does to you.

12. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

I agree...I think y'all are over-reacting with Wesley, don't forget this is a pre-season game and I'd rather have Wesley try to work through all his kinks in pre-season then the regular season, so keep playing Wesley in the pre-season I say.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Love Rafer's interior passes into the post. But I get the feeling he is always looking pass first on the perimeter partly b/c he cannot breakdown a defense on his own. I think we are going to miss Mike James' scoring ability and penetration into the lane quite a bit this year. TMac is really the only guy we have now who can consistently get inside the defense and create a shot for himself or teammate. The only other player I see on the roster who can do this is Dion Glover. And he likely won't create any shots for anyone other then himself and that's even if he makes the rotation/team.

14. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

Rafer not being able to break down the defense??? Gimme some of what you're smoking. Rafer doesn't need to penetrate with Yao and Swift in the middle. If he penetrates, it would just clog up the paint. Skip can get into the paint anytime he wants.

About Wesley's shooting, didn't he hurt his knee or leg or something? So he doesn't get the proper lift in his shot and messes up his accuracy. That's what I heard.

15. abcmemory

abcmemory Member

Didn't watch the game. Got a pretty good idea about the game after reading you guys' posts. Keep up with the good work.

16. rvpals

rvpals Member

Rafer Alston is better than Mike James in penetrating. I have quite a few players that can penetrate, besides TMac, Alston, Sura used to do it, Luther Header, a lot of young guys like Glover, Hayes, etc, Derek Anderson.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Welcome to the board JVG.

18. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

I think they would've alerted season ticket holders so everyone didn't pull an LA and show up 1.5 hors late. Yahoo & nba.com still have tip at 7:30.

19. rvpals

rvpals Member

LOL, I did not realize I type "I" instead of "we". Don't be fool, I ain't JVG. :D

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Makes me wonder.