1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 1/25/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 25, 2014.

1. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

guys its ok... whats our record this year compared to last year?????????? yeah thats what i thought

2. calcium

calcium Member

Tis true.... but there seems to be less joy this year.

Funny that.

3. Razsan

Razsan Member

I think it's the expectations. Last year no-one seriously thought the Rockets had a chance at a championship, but deep down inside, I think most see this team as talented enough to hang with anyone.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Our record is a lot better than last year, around this time last year we went on a 7 game losing streak. We play ugly ball but we win more.

5. Oracle

Oracle Member

My impression of the game was somewhat different than the frustrations channeled to these posts. The Rockets were not playing bad most of the time. My feeling was that there was a period in the second half when everything the Grizzlies threw up dropped in the basket. Not only did they get points for it, but it also infused energies to them. What I saw, the Grizzlies are not going to be in the playoffs this year.

It was probably also a good learning experience for the Rockets. It is difficult to play against brutal physical teams like the Grizzlies. They succeeded to tale the Rockets out of their normal game flow. I hope McHale thinks about an answer to that. There are other teams doing the same (like OKC).

I still think that lack of Asik (or another defensive backup center) is the most significant problem for the Rockets. The second team can't find defensive answers to physical teams without a real center. If Asik comes back soon, you'll see a very tough team to beat. I guess we have to wait until Feb 20th to see the final lineup (despite Morey's claims to keep Asik to the end of his contract).

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

This^^

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

The ONLY way the Rockets can redeem themselves for the two ugly losses to the Grizzlies is to beat SA and Dallas back to back. Then all will be forgiven. Otherwise, a four game losing streak would be disastrous. Think about it.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder how many of these awful losses is it going to take for them to come into games with a better mindset.