1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 1/14/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2020.

1. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I think he's forcing up those shots because he's trying too hard to make things happen. He was very comfortable in the first quarter.... and then when he wasn't out there for the first few minutes of the 2nd quarter, we fell apart and gave up so many early points. This tends to happen with Harden when we're chasing the game and when his supporting cast isn't doing anything.

I know for a fact if Harden had consistent and good support, he wouldn't be forcing up the amount of shots he does. He wouldn't need to. Doesn't help that our coach is clueless.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea it does, i can boil it down for you "Harden sucks, MDA sucks, Need more ball movement and mid range, our system is terrible, i ignore the good, but I LOVE the bad" You say Im being reductive....but really thats all your criticisms boil down to. Nothing constructive....at all...

Nook likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

no . . . seemed like all game

Rocket River

don grahamleone and BigShasta like this.
  4. what

what Member

Not trying to throw salt in the wound, but look at the numbers, the grizzlies beat the rockets in almost every area of the game.
    The grizzlies had 7 to rockets 15, for a team that fast breaks, for a young team it is unheard of.
    29 assists to rockets 18, 52 points in paint to 40. 9 blocks to 1, 6 steals to 4.
    51% to 43%. 90 possessions to 86.
    It was crazy.

5. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Bmac was great and so was EG. Staggering them in the 4th was questionable, esp when we needed buckets.

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I don't think the effort was poor to be honest. I thought guys tried really hard on defense the 2nd half but those whistles hurt. It's hard to stay as aggressive when they keep calling fouls on you. Clint got 5 and had to sit a long time. Memphis played a good game. Some of the shots they made we aren't used to seeing them make. Brooks is an extremely streaky shooter but was on tonight.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  7. Asian Sensation

There’s a reason why guys like Jimmy Butler didn’t really wanna come here and guys like Kawhi recruit a player like PG.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I doubt you attempt to read all my posts. I've attempt to be far more specific in my takes while all you do is just say takes you disagree with are annoying. Just look at your post history in this game thread vs mind. I give specific examples of what I'm referring to on the court while you are just involved in meta poster drama.

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

It was almost as if the Ref's were 'willing' Memphis to a win. Was indeed weird

don grahamleone and Rocket River like this.
  10. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

He was no.1 how about that? He made terrible decisions all night. He was 5-19 from 3 at some point you would think he would try something else. You know what he did, he kept driving to the lane throwing up a floater that wasn’t there. To keep it1000 he kept throwing up some bullshit that got swatted to next week. Harden is my favorite player in the league. I’ve been on other boards defending him for years, but the amount of Stan’n cats do in this board is disturbing. Harden could go 0-40 and you clowns would get on here and blame his teammates. Harden is a great player, but he’s definitely without flaws. People questioned Russ IQ but the amount of dumb **** I see James get a pass for on this board is disturbing.

#910 Greedydex, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

What about bench points? Willing to bet they destroyed us in that department as well.

About 90% of our games the bench literally doesn't do anything in the game and the opponents bench dominates ours.

12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Lol what? Jimmy does not want to play with other stars. That should be obvious by now.

JayGoogle likes this.
  13. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

You literally can’t say anything bad about the team on here. Lmaoo

CK Johnson and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, what I'm saying is that year was weak, two 50 win teams in the west, the rest were just meh teams and it was a foregone conclusion that it would be a Hou-GSW matchup.

This year is different. The Lakers are good but they don't look like world beaters when up against other contenders. Clippers drop just as many (if not more) of these type of games and so does Denver.

Utah is streaking but has a poor record against good teams.

Dallas is young and who can be sure what we get out of them for the playoffs...

But I think the West is pretty wide open. Of course getting a higher seed helps but I just disagree with it being necessary with the amount of parity there is this year. We can't run from good teams in the playoffs. There is no easy matchup in the 2nd round.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  15. Asian Sensation

Harden entered the game when we were down by 2 with 8 minutes left. We rested him so he could close the game out. Somehow the Memphis lead grew when he came in. He didn’t make a single FG and had a couple of turnovers. Yet all I hear is garbage teammates, No WB excuse and blame on D’Antoni.

16. fchowd0311

Criticism is welcomed as long as it isn't directed towards Harden or the overall offensive philosophy.

17. fchowd0311

What about PG? Why did he chose OKC over Houston?

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Are you bipolar?

Originally when you tried to call me out, you claimed I said something I didn't, then had to go back with your tail between your legs.

You obviously didn't learn your lesson, because you're making an ass out of you again by assuming something.

Yeah man - for sure - because i'm not an idiot and can see there's glaring faults in this team that means we aren't contending for a championship - must mean I love watching this team lose.

Also, I never agreed? Funny, I actually remember RAISING the stakes but you scoffing at that.

19. Nook

Nook Member

It was one game.... without Westbrook and with PJ Tucker playing hurt. It wasn’t a game where the Rockets played hard either. The Grizzlies have played better than expected but are still sub .500%. If you want to make a big deal out of one game, go right ahead but it didn’t really mean a whole lot to the Rockets.

HP3 likes this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, I agree, Harden can call a time out, but how is it that the coach can't do this. He is watching the ****ing play, can he not just call the timeout. He's the coach, that's what he is there for, to make a smart decision in those moments.

He's done this over and over again since he has been our coach so this is no isolated incident.