1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 1/14/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2020.

1. JackLordsHair66

Have to admit I used ot look forward to games, I don't as much as I used to the last few weeks, stresses me out raises my BP and pisses me off, really doesn't feel like it's worth it many times especially games like this

napalm06 likes this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Stop blaming PJ guys, i mean, i don't disagree that he hasn't been good lately, but the guy is 34 and plays like 40 minutes per game from the start of the season playing defense for half of the starting 5...if you want to blame someone for him not being at his best, blame who plays him 40 minutes per game or who didn't bring some help in terms of roster.

ak99999 likes this.
  3. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

House and Tucker need to go. Hustle can only get you so far Tucker. The shtick doesn't WORK when you ain't scoring. 4 vs 5 on offense every play.

House, stop ball watching. In no way shape or form are you James Harden. Stop the step back threes. Stop the fake Euro step. Just play your game without trying to imitate James Harden.

PWR likes this.
  4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

This loss pissed me off...but at the same time, it doesn’t mean we have to trade Harden, or blow it up. It’s not that big of a deal. I get that it’s a long-standing problem with this team, but we’re not the only ones who lose to inferior opponents. Hell, not even these couple of seasons—remember when the .500 Rockets used to beat the championship Lakers at home?

But still. I hate how we played this game. I hope tomorrow will be a nice, boring win.

5. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Anybody giving Harden a pass for tonight need to take the cape off. He wasn’t good tonight.

ak99999 likes this.
  6. what

what Member

Dillon Brooks, not carter.

HP3 likes this.
  7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

House doesn't care about +/-, the only thing matters is people see his hairdo Night-in and Night-out. Think about this they shot 45 three-pointers and had 85 FGs. You win big sometimes shooting 3s and lose more many times. Russell would of drove more and create havoc. Brodie maybe the real MVP.

ak99999 likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Tucker 0 pts 7 rebs 3 asst 1 stl 3 to 5 fouls
    House 4 pt 3 rebs o asst o stl 3 to 2 fouls
    BMac 14 pt 3 rebs 0 asst 2 stl 2 to 1 foul

Chandler and Hart 6 minutes total

House -23
    Rivers - 18
    Harden and Capela is only players with a positive

Rocket River

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No one steps up because that is the offense. 4 guys standing and waiting for the ball. No off ball movement. No creative schemes. Just one person dribbling between their legs on one spot of the court.

There have been other ball dominant guards in the league before such as CP3. The difference between CP3 and Harden is that when CP3 is dominating the ball he's constantly moving around with it probing the defense. This forces teammates to move off ball in sync with CP3 where CP3 is probing which creates easy buckets.

Harden just stands and dribbles on one spot of the floor for 15 seconds.

ak99999 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  10. pippsux

pippsux Member

If the middle is clogged...... Why not spread them out
    Hey Harden, u keep running into that brick wall, expecting a different result...
    Nothing to see here, this is a loss
    Then tomorrow, Melo drops 40 for another loss
    Ur welcome

11. Bobby Jackson Rules

I miss even Corey Brewer.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. JackLordsHair66

Agree he is a beats on D but he's burnt to crisp and has been worthless on O for the better part of 6 weeks now

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

The way they play and the habits that they’ve formed does though.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Memphis Grizzlies want YOU!

15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The guy has been so off form this year. How do you play 38 minutes not get a single point?

House, Rivers and Tucker have been pretty much useless this year. McLemore has been good in like 3 games this season, but trash in the rest. So inconsistent.

And why we keep resting Westbrook? We don't have the depth for it.

16. Slimfa

Slimfa Member

They do, but they also controlled it last year and look at what 1 loss like this did. Took them from being able to have the 2nd seed to 4th seed and we all know how that ended. All I’m saying is that these games matter especially with the race being so close.

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I don't see this team doing anything.

18. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

I feel bad for harty. What does he have to do to play in a game? He deserved minutes with capela in foul trouble.

19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

we also gotta cut or trade Nene or do something with Green. I hate to trade him or cut him but this team is so thin they can do much if Harden is this cold and if Westbrook is sitting. also just trade or do something with House. At least get someone who Isn’t afraid of shooting.

ak99999 and BigShasta like this.
  20. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

this makes me so happy, Everyone now sees what me and some others have,

ak99999 likes this.
  21. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

A lot of work goes into my sports superstitions. superstitious people care too much. I don't want to be one of those people. New year, New me.