1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/8/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2015.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Getting blown out is not a definite example of the team quitting though.

How about taking 6 quarters to adjust to Blake Griffin? Once they did, the team's defense looked TONs better.

Clippers offense has changed now. Before it was Blake setting things up and now he's gone back to being a finisher and now the team has gone back to looking clueless on defense.

Not saying it's all on Mchale and coaching...BUT most of it is. That Blake Griffin thing is the exact same thing that happened last year except it took two whole games for them to realize that maybe they should do something different.

2. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The most disheartening thing about this game wasn't the players, it was the fact that McHale seemed non-existent. It was almost like he wasn't even on the bench. He didn't even flinch during a 23-0 run. He left players who weren't playing well in for long stretches while they just kept on playing poorly. He didn't even bother employing hack-a-DJ. If this is what our head coach is going to do then why do we even have one?

3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Jay..OK but honest question...if you were betting money on Game 4, which way would you go since you think it's not a heart/effort issue and we've figured out Blake ? Just curious.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I agree. Watching him do nothing to stop that 23-0 run was, in my opinion, his greatest failure of the season. Couldn't believe it.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Guys all we gotta do is split with them and we are good... I hope the team is more resilient than some of you so called fans are

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Depends all on Harden. We basically need Harden to play out of his mind to win this series. Which he's capable of doing.

I really don't have faith in the coaching staff to figure out how to limit their guards on the high picks and I don't trust their discipline to rotate properly.

If the Rockets win it's going to be because Josh Smith has that insane WTF game or Ariza/Brew gets hot or because Harden turns it up.

Dwight/Jordan have pretty much played each other to a stalemate imo when playing against each other.

7. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Nope [​IMG]

8. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

This is obviously a big win for the Clippers but the biggest challenge now for them is gonna be to stay grounded after a win like this.

If they get too hyped up about this win and don't focus on game 4, Houston can easily retake home court advantage with just one win in game 4.

9. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Buddy, we get it. You think the whole squad is quitters. Walk away, nobody needs to hear you say it over and over and OVER again.

10. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Only solice I have is that the clippers were blown out last series and ended up winning.

11. AuburnRocket

They are on Harden like stink on poopoo.....don't see him going off. He may get his 22-25(had 25 tonight I believe) or so but he just hasn't shown up.It's almost like he said no MVP..heck with it.

Don't have confidence in Josh going off...we know he is going to put up several 3's...maybe he will hit...but usually not consistently.Brew plays with great effort though not always smart...but with effort. Bev with no hands would be better than what we have out there now. And I know he won't quit. Ariza can go off...hope he does.

Between Griffin (6) and DJ(5) they got put backs over Dwight. Rivers routinely launched shots over him. There wasn't a stalemate tonight IMO. Finally, I wasn't aware we were "debating" as another said...though we were having a civil discussion. Anyway, thanks for the engaging ideas.

12. AuburnRocket

Oh thank you for allowing me to post...truly great of you. I was proud that the team played down to the last tick on the clock. Does that help you ? Gee whiz.

13. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Why are you being an ass. People disagree with you yet you keep saying the same thing over and over. Nobody is asking you not to post, just to stop being repetitive, condescending prick. That's all

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

That was pathetic. Seriously.... they should be freaking embarrassed...

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That's a swell post. Really grand. Gosh darn it.

Golly. :rolleyes:

16. calcium

calcium Member

Surely all the assistant coaches would have said something, no?

Or they are not allowed to?

17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I hope they are, our only chance to win is if this team actually shows some pride

18. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Statistically, Harden had a good game but was he actually good? I had other commitments and couldn't watch it.

19. AuburnRocket

Not being an ass. Below is the post you responded to

Originally Posted by AuburnRocket View Post
    A post game Q/A is "talk" ...people talk audibly. Fool...really. Let's let you go on record..what happens in Game 4 ? Don't tweet...talk here. Don't understand the need for calling me a fool but I'll hang up and listen here.
    Buddy, we get it. You think the whole squad is quitters. Walk away, nobody needs to hear you say it over and over and OVER again.

Over and over...hell, it's not even in the post you responded to. LOL. I'm not going to get into name calling. I'm going to take the higher ground.You are being sensitive and defensive. The team didn't show up AGAIN. It is what it is.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Chris Paul didn't even have to play many minutes. Nice rest of that hammy.