1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/8/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2015.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

J.J. Redick and Austin Rivers combined to go 21-27 (77.78%) from the floor and 8-14 from the line for 56 points. WILL. NOT. HAPPEN. ON. SUNDAY.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

So suck defense team shouldn't play playoffs!

4. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

yeah? ?? just hope harden can play wit hheart 1 game, just 1 game. dont let austin river do ur thing

5. JazzLakerHater

I can take losing, but I can not take this team making losing plays. There is a difference between the two. The Spurs lost to the Clippers, but it wasn't their fault, they did not make any losing plays. Every single time the Rockets lose, it's because they make so many mistakes. The Rockets make too many losing plays, whether it is turnovers, poor rotations, lack of focus, it's just non stop, and IMO, it has a lot to do with coaching.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Redick:

Why are you so effective against [Harden]?

Lawrence has a great game plan for him. Limit his downhill attacks. Specifically, do not give him angles when he iso's. When he does get by or gets a step, pull my hands back and keep him off the FT line.

When he scores big, it's him getting to the line. That's the primary focus. Obviously easier said than done.

Blake Griffin saying the same thing. His big games come from the free throw line.

#2226 J.R., May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
  7. hoopball

hoopball Member

this X 100

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hate to say it but I just think they lack counter methods.....Quite simple

9. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

At least we beat the Mavs :grin:

10. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

We just need to get next game and the entire series will change momentum.

CP3 is not looking to get better anytime soon and Houston discovered that if they want to make Blake a play-maker put pressure on the dribble and he has come down to earth this last 6QT. 20 Shoots to make 22pts and 7 TO today.

Rivers remain me when Brewer was trade to Houston the guy couldn't miss from 3 but at the end your shooting will level back to your skills.

Just one game to take HC back, the longer the series goes the better for Houston.

1 person likes this.
  11. OremLK

OremLK Member

When is Harden going to get MAD? If this doesn't do it, nothing will and I'll acknowledge the haters who say he has no heart.

Time to get pissed, James. Time to show LA who you are.

[​IMG]

12. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

JMO opinion but 80% effort and 20% coaching. You are absolutely right about going behind the screen. BUT...DJ rebounding time and time again over DH12 and others.Rivers scoring on floaters in the paint over DH12...seriously ?

This team has a TICKER problem....you can't make a team play with heart. It's a mind over matter situation..."if you don't mind, it don't matter" and they definitely don't seem to mind. Where's the pride ? And playing the starters til the end ? Play 'em...no more effort than they had shown, go for it. Again,JMO.

13. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Yeah exactly. As ugly as this game was, it was just 1 game. Redick and especially Austin Rivers aren't going to combine for too many games like this. If they do this 2 more times then you tip your hat and move on, but the stats tonight were just not sustainable for them over a 7 game series. The goal was always to get 1 game in LA and that goal is still in front of the team.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You do realize though that it's not as simple as just getting one game in LA. The Rockets have to actually make adjustments in order to close the gap between themselves and the Clippers(which as of now stands at 25 points) and have a shot at winning at Staples Center.

Does anyone really believe for one second that McHale is going to make any changes between now and Sunday? Or is it more likely that he rolls the ball onto the court with a gameplan of "play harder" and "go downhill"?

1 person likes this.
  15. chandlerbang21

More to do with the basketball IQ of the players via harden and Smith

16. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

LA won't show up with the same intensity on Sunday. I still don't believe they are a team capable of stepping on your throat. I think they are team that will go 7 games in a competitive series more often than not. So on Sunday the Rockets have got to jump on them right away, which I think they will do. Today was just a perfect storm kind of game where we shot terribly and they had two role players go absolutely crazy. Not going to happen every game.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I mean wow if the Barnes thing, Rivers cooking up and now this doesn't get Harden going I don't have any idea what will give the guy fire.

18. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Dude he played like a biggest p...., with zero heart, he's a no show in this series except for the last quarter of game 2.

Blame the others all you want, he's your best player, and he chokes in the playoffs every single year.

19. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I guess here is the question...is McHale the coach that guided us to the division championship with all the injuries or a bad in game adjustment coach ? Probably a little of both. What happened tonight is what Game 1 in Houston should have looked like. We just don't have a player (leader) that when things are not going well, takes over and says..come on get on my shoulders. Instead, el foldo.

20. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

It's just 1 game guys. DON't WORRY!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Harden: &quot;It's a blowout, but it's still one game. We have another great opportunity on Sunday to tie this thing up.&quot;</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/596913498401157120">May 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>