1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/14/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 13, 2015.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

FYI:

Just last year, we were .9 seconds away from bringing game 7 to Htown.

That is until a very special PG messed things up and McHale decided not to defend the three point line.

1 person likes this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

Do or die again. I think it will help us with the focus and will put even more pressure on them. WIN.

3. Mattician

Mattician Member

No buzzer beaters unless it's by a Rockets player.

4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I will take one for the team and be the guy that doesn't watch the game. I missed the first and last games we have played. NO WAY I'm watching it tomorrow. I can start over when we get to the finals... so I can find out what the mojo likes.

5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

*Correction. first and last games we won.

6. baubo

baubo Member

Well, I have watched zero games live because of time difference (work in China and the game is during morning work hours here). The few times the game was on a weekend I had appointments. At first I had a gamecast window on that I check occasionally, or just keep checking things on the phone, but after a while it just became even more nerve racking than watching the game live because I would check it constantly.

Now I just won’t touch anything near a scoreboard and time myself to read NBA stuff roughly 3 1/2 hours after the match started. It became a lot better for my sanity. Sometimes I wonder if I actually preferred the 8th/9th seed days when there was no pressure to win. It sucked, but at least the losses don’t stick in my mind.

7. clutz

clutz Member

Which would be more painful: getting blown out again, or an Austin Rivers walk-off three-pointer with 0.9 seconds left?

8. AFS

AFS Member

If given the choice, I'd rather take Rivers with the three pointer. At least that meant the team was fighting until the end. Getting embarrassed is much worse.

9. arubato

arubato Member

Win game 6 and we'll go from there.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Any update on Harden's condition?

11. vizier

vizier Member

my guess is that he will sit out due to illness.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Has happened 3 times in the NHL and once in MLB

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Sure sure

14. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Rockets need to show that they can withstand big runs by the clippers and not get down on themselves and quit. They played much better in game 5 but hadn't necessarily showed us that they wouldn't quit if they got down.

15. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Have a really bad feeling

we all want game 7 but i think we are all gonna be disappointed after tonight

16. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Can we please have a close game and win by a buzzer-beater or something, seeing all this action in the East, I want that for the Rockets :)

17. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

*Parsons decided not to defend the three point line.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But was Parsons supposed to be covering Lillard on that play? If so, that was a really bad call by McHale. We should've had a smaller, quicker player on him.

19. sdkrises

sdkrises Member

DJ

We only win if Deandre Jordan gets in foul trouble again. If that happens we'll be fine. If he's still in the game everyone will have to get hot from 3 to open up the floor. Also expect to see a lot more CP3 on offense from them.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Clippers 102
    Rockets 97

We actually play with effort on D but tonight LA just finishes us with auperiot talent and coaching.