1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/14/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 13, 2015.

1. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

Just win baby

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Perhaps he means that 6 of the 8 teams to come from behind like that won game 6 AWAY from home. Would make sense meaning the team was the higher seed going into the matchup, so it was just in a slump and had to get its act together.

Get your act together Rockets! Unfortunately we will be huge underdogs in this game :( .

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The NY Rangers just took game 7 in OT after being down 1-3 in their series and 101 seconds from elimination.

NEVER LOSE HOPE

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yea we ain't winning this game. Hopefully we at least keep it close and don't embarrass ourselves for the 4th time this series.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Just don't get blown out.

6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Vegas has zero faith in the Rockets. Clips favored by 8. That line seems ridiculous to me. I just can't see another blowout after Game 5. Something tells me public money is pushing the line abnormally in LA's favor again. I would bet Houston all day every day.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

We are gonna win fellas. Everyone thinks the Clips have this closed out, but don't worry! We got this! Rockets are coming back home for game 7. Best believe that!!

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Well, it would be pretty good bet on the Clippers. I heard people are betting lots of money on the Clippers to win tomorrow.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Right now they are a -8. That seems what they've been at most of this series.

10. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

That's Hockey. It happens a lot more than basketball.

11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Just like people bet a ton of money on LA in Game 5. Fading the public is always the best play. The public is on LA. Rockets +8 seems like a great play to me.

12. Mprice

Mprice Member

We need James Harden to play like Lebron did in 12' when he was facing elimination in Boston.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

One game at a time, buddy. Anything is possible

14. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Rofl hockey .. Ain't nobody got time fa that

15. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

We just need Harden to play....

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Keep that swag going.

Oh - and not the kind of swag where you think you can just show up and lob a few up to D12 and harden hitting a step back J and Ariza nails a three and you stop playing bc well....that should make the clips give up.

NO- you value each possession, you attack, defend, rebound, and play smart and never give up.

They have only won 1 more game than us

Bringer bak to H town !!!

17. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I will cheer them on and keep hope alive that they can somehow win this game. But I am already so proud of them for showing up and dominating Game 5 with a Harden Triple Double to boot!

Only 1 out 30 teams win the Title, so although i'll be sad for a few days if we lose tomorrow night, I will come back to reality and be very accepting of this season and how it played out.

I'm willing to bet that if you polled Clutch Fans on Opening Night and told them Dwight Howard and Terrance Jones will miss half the season, and PatBev and Dmo will miss the last few weeks of the season BUT the Rockets finish with the 2 seed, win a playoff series in 5 games against Dallas, James Harden is MVP Runner-up, and 2nd in scoring ppg (1st in overall points), and then they lose in the 2nd round in 6 games to the Clippers...90% of users would be ecstatic.

So many things could have gone wrong with team. They could have quit mid-season once Howard was out, they could have screwed up and blew the Dallas series, but they played exceptionally well and better than what I thought they could do.

Please win Game 6, but if you don't this season is still a great success. Harden will only get better (still 25 yrs old), this team will have another season to gel and play together (assuming most everyone is back) and the West will be a little bit easier next year with the Spurs either retiring or at the very least older, Portland probably losing Aldridge (although he could go to the Spurs lol), Dallas is toast, and Thunder will be interesting to see how Donovan coaches and if KD is healthy. The Rockets will easily be competing for a top 3 seed again next season with Golden State and LAC.

Go Rockets!

1 person likes this.
  18. TimRox

TimRox Member

win or lose. it's still the rockets i am rooting for

19. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Yeah, don't 0-3 series comebacks happen all the time in Hockey?

20. adobo

adobo Member

im not superstitious much...but i notice, the less i post in game thread the more the team win....just had to post at least 1 before the game....'LETS GO ROCKETS!'