1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/14/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 13, 2015.

1. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

No lillard game winner this time!
    Rockets 113
    Clippers 109

2. craguin

craguin Member

yep, you're right; read the 1st 1968 series wrong (Celtics won game 6).

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

1 person likes this.
  4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if they play real defense again they dont have to worry about a game winning shot. just need the role players to make their shots.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

We have missed a ton you are correct. I think sometimes they are assuming DeAndre will block it and they go up scared instead of strong so they end up missing it.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Who ever wins this one will win the series. Obviously a Clippers win eliminates us but if we come back and send this to 7 it's hard to believe that the Clippers will battle back through all that momentum and beat us on our home court.

Any team that wants to win championships have to be able to win road playoff games, so lets get one. All I ask of Harden is to get Deandre Jordan out of the game.

7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

If we can win game 6, we have a great (maybe even favorable) chance to win this series. Could not even say that after Game 3 and 4 debacle but here we are..

Clippers looked tired last night so hopefully they are finally experiencing the fatigue of playing their first playoff series. I have no doubt they'll start tomorrow's game well but if we can hang close, their legs may give in the 4th. Gotta capitalize.

Maybe the Clipper will be the Clippers. :)

Please force a Game 7. I'm still slightly pissed about how Game 6 went down last year because I still feel like we win Game 7 if Lillard didn't make a miracle shot. If we lose tomorrow is a heart breaking fashion, I'll be sick.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The best player in this series is still Chris Paul and that's not taking away from anything Harden has achieved but it is what it is and we all know it.

9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Clippers will close it out, won't be a blow out but they'll win it 115-104.

10. MystikArkitect

Just drive it at Deandre. He and all of LA knows that if he gets into foul trouble there's no way to stop our parade to the basket. So how aggressive will be be now that he has that in the back of his head? He knows he has to stay out of foul trouble, even the slightest hesitation can be taken advantage of by Harden.

Up to the beard. Bring us home.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Chris Paul is a fantastic PG, but if we can slow him down with good defense, we may have a chance at winning Game 6.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Idk. I don't have a good feeling about this one. Clippers probably gonna win.

13. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Challenge is going to be how we do when the crowd gets loud and they get on a run. Our team has not been able to stop the Clippers runs the last two games in LA. It happens to everyone in the NBA that plays on the road, just that most of them are able to stop the bleeding at some manageable point and mount a comeback. We, on the other hand, have not.

14. eslate22

eslate22 Member

get Deandre in foul trouble early and don't stop attacking... James please be more like "regular season" harden instead of "playoff" harden please

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

The Clips aren't in a must win, but a 'we really, really don't want to lose' situation since game 7 will be away. If things get tight it could put extra pressure on them. Rockets really have to come out poised because that will be a manic atmosphere.

16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

More Capela. Not just because he helps the team now, but it gives him more experience. While it's in small flashes, the guy makes star-quality plays. The type of stuff that separates him from good role players with limited potential. It's like when a puppy has big paws. Clint is going to be a big dog.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think the Rockets have FINALLY shaken off the lay over funk. I believe they win it and bring the series back to Houston. Another primo defensive performance will do it. There is real hope now. Be afraid when you awaken a sleeping giant. The Clippers should have closed us out when they had us "down." Now they are going to pay.

18. i3artow i3aller

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They don't have enough tape on Capela to know what to do with him

His Hustle is too much for them

Rocket River

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Rockets 108
    Clips 107

Harden 27/8/7