1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/10/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2015.

1. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I hope you're wrong. I REALLY hope the Rockets can put a complete game together tomorrow. If they do, I expect them to have a mental lapse in Game 5 (shocking), but close it in 6 & 7. This team has battled through adversity and bounced back from difficult losses all season.

Best case scenario: force Paul to play a ton in the next 2 games, pull out one and see how he's feeling heading into next Thursday. I have no qualms with saying a healthy Clippers team is better than the current Rockets...We will need a few breaks.

2. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

I was talking about this series really and I agree, There is no reason those guys should be sucking against a very avg Clippers defense but they are.

I really think its b/c the rockets have no set game plan. Rockets defense that switching everything just creates the easiest mismatches, dont know how many times I saw Harden/Terry/Pablo on Blake and its happened for 3 straight games consistently not just here and there.

Then on offense idk why Mchale continues to have Harden go against a set defense, put him in the high post so he can attack or pass out better and swing the ball around.

TJ should be moving or setting screens constantly or have dwight do the thing were he screens and gets paint position against a smaller defender instead of watching them will through defenders most of the time.

3. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

The Mother's Day Game. Mark it down. Harden will redeem his mother and absolutely obliterate the Clippers defense. 64 points to break MJ's playoff scoring record of 63. 20-27 shooting. 11-14 from three-point land. 13-13 from the foul line. Head back to Houston tied at two games a piece.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Rockets...please win. Please.

5. Lightsnowaction

Wow, watching this Hawks/Wizards game is making me believe all of the Round 2 series are linked together for some reason. I feel that we will win if all the other series' goes for a 2-2 split. (i.e. Cleveland)

6. newAge_Rockets

Clippers 132
    Rockets 113

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Watching the stellar effortless 3 pt shooting of the Wizards makes me jelly.

8. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Probably should have signed Peirce instead of Ariza.

Would have improved out 3 point shooting and would allow Harden to have another ball handler on the outside.

9. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

I don't think the Clippers are better than the Rockets, if the Rockets just play team basketball. On every fking offense possession, Harden gets the ball and waste 15 seconds trying to figure out whether he should shoot or pass. In the end, the shooter just rush his shot and end up bricking it. But the main reason we are losing is because of our defense. All the Clippers plays seem so well executed. Basketball at its best. Rockets don't even look like a playoff.

10. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Is Jason Terry going to be suspended for his cheap shot? I really hope so.

11. cocoadough

cocoadough Member

Harden and Howard have both have a decent series. We need our role players to step up big time and continue to make shots. Rockets let Clips get way too many second chance points so hopefully we can limit those as well.

It will be tough by I say Rox play some solid D and win 105-97

12. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Rockets get blown out

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The negativity here is off the charts. We win this game and take control back. People here act like we are down 3-0.

Rox 109
    Clips 106

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'll say the same thing I said before game two: if we lose this, we're done.

Rockets have the higher seed, have the same number of wins as the Clippers with more injuries, and were according to Vegas were favored coming into this series. We ain't the underdogs.

15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Why? He is the only one that doesn't look like a r****d shooting a 3 in this series

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Redick knows how to limit Harden’s damage, by keeping him off the line.
    Read More → <a href="http://t.co/afdiAimjv6">http://t.co/afdiAimjv6</a> <a href="http://t.co/TXGXTeFd1H">pic.twitter.com/TXGXTeFd1H</a></p>&mdash; Los Angeles Clippers (@LAClippers) <a href="https://twitter.com/LAClippers/status/597189346203029504">May 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

It takes 4 games to win a series.

I believe in our stars and role players.

Stop the negativity.

Rockets win game 4 and regain home court.

#RedNation

18. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Clippers 121
    Rockets 106

I have no confidence in this team anymore that they can stop the clippers offense.

19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's grown men playing basketball for our entertainment. Who cares if they cannot beat another group of grown men.

20. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Play Defense and Rockets will win

Rockets 97
    Clippers 84