1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/10/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2015.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

We keep talking about what the Rockets are doing wrong. The Clippers are good, so in the words of Phil Jackson, "can't we give them some credit?" If we don't acknowledge that we are truly the underdogs, we aren't going to win.

2. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Rockets win. Harden scores 40+

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No team should ever allow another to go on a 23-0 run. Even in that Lakers series when they clearly took the Rockets lightly, the worst I can remember it getting for LA was a 17-1 start for the Rockets in Game 6.

I give the Clippers credit. They're playing well. But they're also going up against an opponent who's mailed it in for 8 of the 12 quarters they've played so far in this series.

4. jk103

jk103 Member

If Terry isn't suspended he seriously needs a DNP-CD. Not only can he not guard anyone, in half-court on the break or in PnR, but that two handed shove to the lower back was a dirty play. If you're pissed off and want to start something, then START SOMETHING. Get in someone's face, don't shove a guy in the back when he's not looking and try to sneak away like a little girl.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We gotta treat this like an elimination game. Do or die.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Whatever I guess.

If we win that's good, we'll flip the series around.

If we lose a tough close game then at least we weren't embarrassed again.

If we lose embarrassingly again at least maybe the Rockets will see that a coaching change is needed.

7. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

We come back home tied 2-2 all is Right with the world again.

#27 Blurr#7, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
  8. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Fck Offense, Rockets need to come out and give 1 GOOD defensive effort.

Even if they lose, dont lose getting ran off the court, make them work for baskets

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

They *can* win, but I'm not entirely convinced they really want to.

Tomorrow's my birthday... Not getting utterly humiliated would be a cool present.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Scott Brooks anyone?

11. JazzLakerHater

Defense? What is this mysterious thing you call defense?

12. delta69er

delta69er Member

are we going to finally start knocking down some Open 3s?

Don't forget, clippers got blown out in San Antonio in game 3 after going there tied 1-1 and bounced back.

Why not us too? LETS GO ROCKETS!!

And please, let's make some adjustments...

13. Normalus

Normalus Member

Glen Davis fined for flopping

14. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

15. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

i just hope one of our role player can catch fire score 20 plus points. the more you expect from Harden, the more disappointed you will be.

16. delta69er

delta69er Member

T-Jones has to stop playing scared. Go up strong against deandre and Blake!

17. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I need one game where a role player shows up. This is just pathetic watching brick after brick thrown up.

They are forcing others to beat us and not a single person has stepped up in anyway.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I predict Clippers win again, Rocket win game 5 but lose game 6 in LA.

19. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Harden and Howard will for the most part be Harden and Howard but who else can you count on to actually come through???

Ariza: Nice defense, but his offense is equally horrendus
    Brewer: If he isnt on a fast break your not getting anythng from him
    Jones: Has been invisible outside like 3 qtrs of play this PS
    Smith: Too erratic to count on consistently
    Terry: No defense and his offense is too streaky
    Pablo: Tries but just doesnt have the talent

Like does Doc even truly worry about any of these dudes contributing for a whole game?

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They contributed all season long. Ariza has had slumps of course, but he was shooting lights out down the stretch in the regular season. I don't understand why his offensive output is THIS bad.

Brewer was terrific in the Mavs series. He scored 15 points in each of the first 3 games. You don't get much more consistent than that. And in Game 4 when the rest of the team was stinking up the joint, he was one of the few to show up and play well.

Just like Brewer, Smith was also great in the Mavs series past the first 6 quarters. And again, he was one of the few to show up in Game 4. Why is he suddenly incapable of making layups and floaters in the lane or playing any defense?

Jones ran hot and cold in the Mavs series. He was great in Game 1, started out well in Games 3 and 4, and closed strong in Game 5, while doing a Claude Rains routine the rest of the time. He's been similarly inconsistent in this series thus far. He sucked in Game 1, came on strong in the 3rd quarter of Game 2, and started off well in Game 3 before again vanishing. Sadly that seems to be his MO in the playoffs, at least thus far in his career.

Terry and Pepperoni are what they are. Terry has been streaky with his shooting all season long. Pepperoni is a guy who'll hit the occasional 3-pointer or midrange jumper and won't do anything stupid like turn the ball over or commit silly fouls.

It's not like the Rockets need all of these guys to step up in the same game in order to win. But we need contributions from at least half of them on any given night. Why they're suddenly all tanking out there is beyond me. It can't be attributed to the Clippers' defense. They're a better defensive squad than the Mavs(who isn't?), but not to the degree that they'd be completely shut down offensively.

And to add insult to injury, the Clippers are getting solid contributions from all of their bench guys. Austin Rivers is killing us out there. Hell, even Big Baby Davis and Spencer Hawes gave them good minutes.