1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/10/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2015.

1. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

If the Rockets manage to get blown out at home, will the fans boo? Getting blown out three straight games is a god damn disgrace

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm wondering who the hell will even show up to game 5…..for what??

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yet when Beverly plays the same way people here extoll his praises. You can't have it both ways. This series is answering all my questions about Howard and I am not liking those answers.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are cried, Harden is whined, Dwight is cried, McHale is owned

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He wasn't desperate. The game was over.

6. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

That's what Budenholzer also thought until the Hawks bench came in and went on a 17-0 run last game. If it wasn't for Paul Pierce, that game was headed for OT ... I guess the Hawks bench is better than the Rockets bench. Or they have a better coach. :rolleyes:

But I think you have to keep on believing ... it's all about runs anyway and it was still the 3rd quarter. He wasn't desperate and the game wasn't over, McFail himself decided to call it a game and the players believed him. No way, Adelman, JVG, Budenholzer, Thibodeau or any other 'decent coach' would have rolled over ... just no way.

7. mingthething

mingthething Member

Hmmm. smells like a stealthy LOF'ish question.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Not only we got blown out but the first half was the worst NBA game I have ever seen. I regret staying up at 3:30 am to watch it. I was all for hack a Jordan but not that soon. From the start it reeked of desperation and it got our own players out of rhythm.
    Dissapointed but still hoping for the best. It's a matter of pride now and I refuse to give up and throw the towel.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Not only Doc didn't help construct this team but every decision he has made so far has helped DE-construct it. The Bledsoe and Dudley trades the signing of former Magic Celtics washed up players. The failed Crawford leaked trade at the deadline that alieniated him. The signing of Hawes. He is very very lucky that his son seems to work out now. He is a godawful GM even worse than the King's and Pelican's.
    Also to me it doesn't feel like they would tear it down otherwise, CP3 has still many years to give and DJ is a lock to sign with them again next season. They will give him the most money and he is best friends with Griffin.

10. malakas

malakas Member

The difference is that Bud uses the strenghts of his players. And every single Atlanta player has played a lot of minutes and has been battletested all through the season. Even the lowest paid journeyman knows his role and knows that the team depends on him and is ready to play. That's why Bud is a good coach.
    I think that hacking so soon send the message to the Rockets players themselves that we were desperate and that the coach himself didn't believe in hsi players to win it. That's what it looked to me from watching in tv.

11. conquistador#11

now all radio stations want to talk rockets!

12. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Good thing Harden didn't win MVP. This would be that much more embarrassing.

13. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Shameful, no coach can survive two putrid performances like this in a row in the second round. His only alteration was to hack Jordan.

Every player no showed, the same tired old story. Predictable offense, no heart, dumb turnover after dumb turnover. Even the scrubs at the end of our bench came in making dumb decisions resulting in turnovers.

Unless Harden wakes the **** up and realizes the Clippers want his teammates taking the shows, we are done.

It is one thing to go down in 5 tough games where you fight, another to pack it in and quit. After the team exceeded my expectations with seeding and getting into the first round.

Dmo and Beverly are not the only guys with heart, there absence is nothing to do with how we have quit in this series.

This **** about Harden is bull****, he hurts the team, does nothing. Watch the ****ing game, we give Doc Rivers the same damn look every game. They are just packing the paint because our coach can't draw up something to get him a different look, to make the Clippers defense adjust. Mchale is the ****ing problem.

Kevin Mchale is the problem. Funny thing is when he finally does something right or the team wins, apologists show up to tell us why we are all wrong even though for 3 seasons this team, no matter the roster has had the same fundamental flaws.

14. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Comments about the games
    1. Hack a Jordan did work. What didnt work was the coach being able to use all the time he has while jordan is throwing a ft to call a offensive play
    2. Refs got beef with Tjones. Not sure why but its a fact
    3. Howard needs to settle down because he needs to be on D the entire game
    4. dont even think we can win game 5. It was a fun season and proud of the Rockets. But we do need a good forward. If we cant get LMA then Love, or Beard tells Durant to trade here. Any other player will cost is 2 much and not get us a championship so it needs to be one of these 3 players. Tjones is out the door. Howard takes up so much of the cap he needs to clearly commit to taking paycut after next season.

15. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Don't see many people talking about Smith. He is a cancer in this 2nd round. Maybe our worst player out there.

<iframe src='http://streamable.com/e/ol3q' width='560' height='300' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling='no'></iframe>

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Yup! I think we know this mostly. Dude has been a major issue this round. It's literally the first play when he's in the game he commits some bone headed turnover and the clippers take advantage. Never fail JSMOOVE

18. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Yup, that's where the momentum shifted.

19. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

It was kind of an interesting tactic, but they should have dropped it as soon as it became clear that Doc wasn't going to bite and pull Jordan from the game. He knew that's what McHale was hoping for but Jordan has been the real key to this series for the Clippers and no way was Doc going to yank him over some measly bricked free throws.

I'm pretty comfortable at this point blaming the series on McHale. I'm not a hater but he's just too slow to adjust, isn't creative enough, and it's completely demoralized the players. They're not quitting or heartless like so many people are saying but they don't know what to do. That's when the coach is supposed to step up and McHale isn't delivering.

20. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Well it was a fun season guys. Disappointed is ending in such a depressing state, I thought we would put more of a fight. Clearly Morey is right we need that third star in order to compete deep into the playoffs. Sucks we wasted a year of Dwight's prime, and McHale I don't know man why they extended him so early they should've waited but oh well we still have options to continue to improve Morey n co have always positioned themselves to think ahead n declining Parsons was a big reason of that.