1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/10/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2015.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

I don't want to hear any injury excuses, this team played a CP3less Clippers at HOME and still LOST.

so GTFO homers

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

I think he's talking about our record without Harden last year (6-2).

3. theredbackpack

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

We have never been able to execute in the half court against playoff caliber defenses. That's the problem. Hack-a-Jordan took us out of our offense because we MUST run to be able to score on these guys.

We need to either develop a half court game or figure out how to defend these guys without fouling. Unfortunately it doesn't look like either of those things is going to happen this series. The gap between our two teams is just too large, and with the CP3 back on the court & the refs favoring LA on top of that, it just turns into a mega-blowout.

5. theredbackpack

he's right. i think you could live with dwight bailing you out offensively if it didn't also present the problem of his presence affecting other players' effort on D. while i give props to ariza, others just aren't fighting hard enough defensively. jones is a corpse. smith is too, but he's hardly seeing minutes. it's a weird misfiring happening.

6. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

I still think we win this and here are the reasons why.

1.Harden will come out fired up. Losing the MVP to Curry and having Barnes talk trash to his mum should get the true MVP cooking next game. Getting blown out two games in a row should also make him mad.

2. There is no way the Clippers play this well again. We were the second seed in the West and just all round more talented.

3. Our team has shown heart all throughout the playoffs. We won't capitulate like we did in game 3 and 4. The team must have the flu or something.

4. McHale will make the necessary adjustments. The guy is a HOFamer; he coached us to an outstanding record and knows what he is doing.

All you fans who have given up are fake and should go support GSW.

*In case you didn't realise, this is a parody of those idiots who called out supporters for critisizing the team. We are garbage and for anyone to think we had a chance after getting pumelled by a Clippers outfit without CP3 is absolutely laughable.

7. hoopball

hoopball Member

lol, nice one.

8. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

We said this after Game 3 and look what happened.

9. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

Its like the Clippers are playing against a highschool team.

10. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

How dare you give up on your team. Game 1, 3 and 4 were clearly outliers in the team's performance. If you ignore those losses (we were probably sick with the flu), we are the better team by far.

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Man watching these interviews and seeing the look on the players faces is so sad. You can tell they know this is over.

12. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

got a link?

13. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MN1_jnyRmi4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you need me I'll be living in the glory days.

14. theredbackpack

for some reason watching this game (versus games 1 and 3) put me at peace with the fact we are not getting out of this series. game 1 was rust, laziness, etc. game 3 was coming out flat, harden looked lost, etc. this game is like, "ok we are being beat by a better team." i avoided CF for almost a week. now i'm back on the GARM ready to defend the team against people who are walking close to the ledge.
    i saw this on twitter: i forgot who said it but they said this clippers team was put together by doc over the years to win a championship. this is their "final form". if they got beat in round one, they'd probably blow it up, or at least the non-CP3/blake parts of it. now they're in round two, and look like they're gonna make the WCF. i still feel like if they don't get out of the west, no one except CP3/blake is safe. this is their last chance with this unit.
    rockets to me were always a work in progress. getting smith and brewer was a shot in the arm i don't think anyone expected. we won a division and the #2 seed and we should be proud of that. there's injury issues on top of the fact that i don't think morey ever put the team he really wanted on the floor. we over-achieved, and harden gave us a year we should all be happy about as fans.
    harden can come back and give us another MVP-worthy year, hopefully for years to come. holes in the roster can be filled. portland got bounced in five games last year and came back stronger this year, only reason they flamed out was the wes matthews injury. no one will care about this series when it's (pick your west team here) against lebron in the finals. :)

rockets fan til i die.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Rivers only had two seasons with this team. he had little to do with constructing the core unit besides bringing in Redick and his son, which have propelled them over the Rockets in this series.

16. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

So any more excuses? Is this the most embarrased moment in your life as a Rockets fan? McHale apologists still ready to say he's fine? Harden still getting a pass? Howard? The whole team? Morey?

17. Mattician

Mattician Member

Please end in five.

18. theredbackpack

yeah but clearly doc wanted his son on the team and made the moves (as GM) to do it. and redick is a knock-down shooter who's been with the team for two years. everyone laughed at doc (rightfully so) for his nepotism but his gamble paid off. if austin rivers had embarrassed himself in the playoffs no doubt he'd be gone, or at least, doc would not hear the end of it.

19. theredbackpack

sorry i mis-understood your message. doc had little to do with constructing the team but i think the team that's currently on the floor with him is what he wanted. with DJ in a contract year and the intense scrutiny clips have been under for awhile now, definitely feels like a "win or go home" atmosphere with them. same could arguably be said for the rockets, and the team as constructed, while in a vacuum a very good team, is not really how it was planned.

20. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I was at a friends watching it and we were flipping back and forth with it

When I saw pap in the game during the 3rd quarter I knew mchale was getting desperate...