1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/26/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I think their bench is fairly mediocre without Barnes and Crawford.

Collison
    Green/Bullock
    Dudley/Turkoglu
    Big Baby
    Hollins

I think our bench can handle those guys if things are clicking.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Ugh... wow, indeed.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol seriously. I would be very sad to hear if that guy is over 16 years old, just about the only excuse he can have.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets at Celtics pits NBA's No. 2 team in the DPG standings (Dunks Per Game) against No. 1. Clippers average 5.9 DPG to Houston's 5.7</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/438776861380722688">February 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No, Van Gundy and Jon Barry don't have any personal animosity. It's just that Van Gundy clearly likes and respects the Rockets whereas Barry seems to have a visceral hatred for them. Imagine those two broadcasting a Rockets game with their opposing viewpoints.

"Jon, you ignorant slut."

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So we should expect a dunk fest! Count me in. LOL

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Happy this is on ESPN rather than TNT where we usually lose.

8. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Any update on Dwight's right knee? I hope he wasn't walking on his treadmill all day to keep it from locking up!

9. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

We win if Beverley can get into CP3's head. you kill the head of the snake, you win.

10. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Bulldog Beverley needs a HUGE game. Tjones/Dmo CANNOT back down from Blake. Just make him work for his points. Somehow contain Crawford.

LETS GO ROCKETS

11. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Hard to kill the snake when it all it does is flop around.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I just have to say...that this is a bad match up for the Rockets...so really I hope the Rockets avoid the Clippers at all costs...

Blake and Howard neutralize each other...scoring wise. Howard tends to have bad games against player that are much taller or just as athletic as he is(DeAndre Jordan)...
    Harden is neutralized by the LA atmosphere...and Crawford scores as much as he does at times...

Chris Paul is the engine that makes all this work. He is head over heels better than all the guards on our team. Beverely pesky defense is neutralized by Paul's superior court vision and ability to make the best bball play.

The Rockets must win tonight but after looking at the trends for this season so far, the Rockets have done excellent in one of the two back to back games this season. They find ways to struggle in the other game(whether its the first or second game). Since they played well last night, Im expecting a clunker...although rooting for it not to be the case...GO ROCKETS!

13. xAliceInChains

I echo the sentiments of others, I don't want to put unnecessary weight on a regular season game, but this one is HUGE. We've fired well against all our other Western Conference opponents, yet I think Clippers are much more dangerous of an opponent for the Rockets than any other team. We have to show the NBA that we can go into L.A. and win against them on a back to back. I think we HAVE to.

Go Rockets!

14. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Triple Threat: Roxkets vs Celtics vs Clippers

1 person likes this.
  15. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Would it be irony if Rockets win because Lin goes off for a monster game?

16. Karolik

Karolik Member

too bad it has 0 chance of happening..unless by a monster game you mean scoring in double digits.

17. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Bipolar much?

You may want to reconsider your signature.

18. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

19/10 isn't bad if that's what you mean by double digit?

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

One of the team where we can't beat them just because of our offense. Defense will win this game. In particular, contain CP and do not let Crawford get going.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If we can win this game tonight, it will say a lot about this team.