1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/26/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Turnovers and poor shooting from some of our key starters and rotation players just killed us. That, and Jones missing defensive rotations didn't help a damn bit. That's why he only played 19 minutes. He needs to wake up and smell the coffee on D. Donuts smelled that coffee. Now if he'd just dunk, dammit. Dunk, Donuts!

2. Silverman

Silverman Member

On our 8 games winning strip, the first two games are beating SAS and DAL without Harden but Lin had the control of the games. Then, Harden came back, but Lin still played 30+ Minutes in the 6 games before the Trade dead line. (Probably Rox wanted to show case Lin to other teams.) During that 6 games, Lin played full 4th Qtr each to closed out the games. We won all 6 of them.
    After the trade dead line, Lin have been send back to the 20- minutes bench role. Then we went on to loss two critical games.
    Hmmm..... I don't know. Lin must have something special with him. ( not on the eye test, not on those TO's) Why every time, when He has control of the 4th Qtr, the team won?

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You data is wrong. Lin played plenty (33m total) in the 4Q and closed the 4Q in the overtime loss to the Warrior.

But I have seen this arguments before from others for past games. To me, it is as simple as... Lin played poorly in most of those games and thus didn't play the 4th. And when he play poorly, we lack a key contributor to winning games.

I'm off the (probably very minority) opinion that you develop Lin and let him play through mistakes and built up his confident and trust. He's a key factor. I know many don't think so, but without his PG duties, IMO, we are a very static, predictable, unbalanced offensive team and that might carry us through most of the games but in the last few mins and 4Q, when the Defense gear up, in particular their focus on containing Harden, we often go into maddening poor execution time after times because there is really no one to release the pressure that is put on us. Lin, with all his weaknesses, has strength that can release that pressure - driving, getting to the FT lines and passing ability.

I was hoping that Lin can fill that shoe but as the season go on, it seems Lin has lost it sometime ago. I don't know it is, but he just simply lost it.
    And so if Lin can't do it, I think we need someone to step in to play that role. As great as Bev is, when Harden is shutdown, our offense is in the mud and Bev rarely can help there.

p.s. I already count Howard out as a closer. He's great on Defense and to carry us through the game, but he just is too unreliable as a POST player.