1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Lin scores 20 and has 8 dimes, but plays only 4 minutes in the 4th Quarter (foul trouble vs. McHale head scratcher). Rox lose by 6.

2. Grigori

Grigori Member

Okay dude, but Uglas also saved the opposing team 16 times this season.

Beverley has never done that either.

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

No Harden?
    On the road?
    Back to Back?

Definitely a WIN!!!!!

:grin:

4. hltiki

hltiki Member

I would love to see the Bledsoe v.s. Beverly matchup. Bledsoe is a tank and is really athletic, but from what I've seen from Beverly so far, he has a great amount of energy, has a tough attitude that the Rockets lack, and is quite athletic himself; plus, his pestering D is definitely better than Douglas'.

The CP3 vs Lin matchup is very daunting; a MVP candidate v.s. someone who has to prove every game that he is a starter. I just hope Mchale is wrong about Lin not being Linsanity, because the Rockets will need that Lin from New York and from that game against the Spurs in order to stay competitive against the Clippers.

Patterson versus Griffin will also be fun to watch. The question is, will Patterson be playing, or will it be Patricia instead?

5. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

I'll be at the game. Hopefully Jeremy goes off so Mchale can publicly recant his statements about Jeremy.

6. Grigori

Grigori Member

Well, you can take heart in that McHale is wrong a lot.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Probably going to be really ugly, but I'll watch for the slight chance that Linsanity mode is activated.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Two nationally televised Rockets games airing back to back? I must be dreaming.

...proving that something is changing and that the Harden trade was the greatest thing to happen to Houston Rockets basketball since Yao.

9. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Jeremy Lin Goes off for 40/10/9, but Asik will be the hero of the game with 30 boards(18 offense) & 22pts.
    Rockets 114- 101

:)

11. hltiki

hltiki Member

You're definitely right, Mchale, and in particular, his rotations, need buttscratchers to relieve the head itch; however, the ever prevalent truth of the matter still looms in the distance--that we are behind a monitor typing away, and Mchale is an ex-NBA star big man and current NBA coach, though relatively inexperienced himself, who is coaching a bunch of inexperienced kids in a man's game. OOOOO I just can't wait to watch tonight's game!!!

12. cw3k

cw3k Member

Asik and Lin 15 minutes for today's game. 6 mins on 1st, 6 minutes on the 2nd, 3 minutes on 3rd, then bench for the rest of the game.

13. Karolik

Karolik Member

Play our starters, if the game is getting out of hand by the end of the first half, then bench them and play the bench the rest of the game....

is what I would say but we all know McHale is going to play the starters the entire game.

14. imanshar

imanshar Member

It's funny how people here don't remember spurs game without harden or have never watched that game. Smh.

15. landryfans

landryfans Member

If harden does not play and rockets win tomorrow.

We gonna see EPIC battle between "LOF" and "Ture rocket fans", can't wait!

16. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

Tonight, it's Linsanity time.....

17. TheSource

TheSource Member

18. Gil

Gil Member

Obvious blowout. Won't even bother watching the game.

19. hltiki

hltiki Member

I'll have to buy an extra bag of popcorn in case the Rockets win!

20. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

It's a funny game because you just don't know what's going to happen.

In some ways we are all excited to see if Lin will reproduce the SPURS game. But in another we all kind of expect Lin to NOT do that in our mind. The only way to describe tonight's game is anticipation. I'm sure most of us really just wants to see whether Lin will go off tonight or not. Once that anticipation is gone, it'll just be another normal game.