1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2013.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Time to show we are more than just Harden because I believe we should be and are 6th seed worthy because of our whole team, not just Harden and co.
    Need to keep it close and would be a huge confidence boost if we win.

2. mirus

mirus Member

i know i'm asking in the wrong place,but did anyone manage to open up twitter url?

3. mirus

mirus Member

solved,just realise have to open with admin power for https urls.

4. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

For what it's worth, I was joking. Not sure about the other guy.

McHale's rotations will be even more confusing than usual with Harden out but I trust the man.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

It means Delfino with his "flappy elbow thing" injury is going to start and play 35 mins. In the meantime we're going to play small ball a lot and run out there with lineups like Lin/Beverley/Delfino/Parsons/Asik for a big chunk of the game.

I'm serious when I say I'd Popovich this game. Just forfeit it and play the bench guys. Our chances of winning @ LAC are very low without Harden, so this would be a good chance to give D-Mo some real minutes to show what he's got.

McHale won't do that though. He will run our rotation players on heavy minutes and probably aggravate Delfino's elbow injury. Then we will lose anyway.

6. raised

raised Member

:) in all seriousness, it'll be interesting to see what the rotation patterns are in this game with harden out. might clue us in on whether lin is seen as a legitimate second option/ able to run the team.

not talking subjective stuff like "mchale not looking his way" or "teammates not appearing to set picks for him", but usage rates, jeremy's shots, his minutes split with beverley, experimenting with both jlin and beverley playing, etc.

won't end the debate on how mchale treats jeremy, but it definitely raises questions if lin continues to get subbed out at the 5-minute mark in the first quarter.

7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know why everyone is ready to just give the Clippers the W. You never know. What if Chris Paul gets hurt early? Even if we lose, something could happen that would change a first round match-up of the 3 and 6 seeds. That could easily be the Clippers and Rockets.

8. Star

Star Member

Just sit the starters out like Spurs did so they can be ready for the All Stars weekend! :grin:

9. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

YEAH MULtIQUOTE IS GREAT

10. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

We win. Lin can't guard Chris Paul but Paul can't guard Lin either. Lin drives by him all game.
    Lin goes for 30 and 12. Rockets win by five due to a superior offensive mindset. Shoot threes and layups. Clippers love the long twos.

11. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

THIS!

12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

In a series without Harden, we will lose, but in a game, we have a chance. You can just give the best 6th Man award to Jamal Crawford. If we shut down their bench, we will win.

13. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

14. Gay4Battier

Gay4Battier Member

clippers first game back from a long road trip , always a tough one for the home team

i expect us to win.

15. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

You do know Harden out?

16. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

I have a feeling rockets somehow manage to win this

17. eman

eman Contributing Member

Man, I wish we hadn't flamed out in Sac.

18. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

It's going to be interesting watching PPat in this one..

He's been much much more aggressive lately and has really seemed to try and beast at times.

Will he become overwhelmed by Griffin and Jordan and revert to the old soft PPat that we hoped never to see again?

19. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Our bigs need to Mosgov/Hayes Griffin who is easily rattled.

20. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Rockets win by 8.