1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/11/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 11, 2015.

1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Based on these stats and the fact Houston has had the lead in 4 of the 8 losses, do you really think it's so much a match up problem or does it just seem like the Rockets lose focus playing against the clippers because they have shooters like Reddick, Crawford, Dudely (previous years) that just took them out of them game to where they jack up desperation 3s late. The Rockets aren't allowing much more than their season average when it comes to Rebounds per game to the clippers.

2. Remii

Remii Member

WTF...!!!

Harden needs this all star break...

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Rockets missed a ton of wide open 3's, including Harden.

So, if the book is for the Rockets to "miss wide open shots", then yes... that is a pretty straight-forward way to beat this team (or any team).

Certainly, they won't win ANY series without Dwight, let alone one against a team with size and strength in the paint.

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

We've had dwight in previous match ups with the clippers and the result is always the same. Seems like the rockets hang in there until halftime and the clippers go on a 15 - 4 run to bust the game wide open every freakin time. Dwight doesn't seem to make a different.

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Except for the poor shooting I thought the Rockets played OK. We had lots of open shots that we just didn't knock down. It happens.

Josh Smith and Brewer played really well.

I think the Cippers are just a team that is a tough matchup for the Rockets. I would rather not play the Cippers in the first round.

6. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I when to the twin peaks party.. can say it was disappointing watching all the amount of shot that when in and out. I understand we need a big man, but I thought this might be a easier win for us without Blake. But they was making shots and we wasn't.. oh well.

7. Tyler Hyellie

Tyler Hyellie Member

It was just one of those nights. :shrug Harden was off. Ariza and Beverley were off. Without a rim protector/defensive presence in the paint...how many of you expected to win this game? With Harden having a bad night, we have no one else that can create anything off the dribble, so you're resigned to bombing away. Those didn't fall.

There's half a season left. lulz

I don't know how some of you make it through the entire season without having a heart attack?

Every loss = the sky is falling, fire everybody, trade everybody

8. Play07

Play07 Member

looks like we needed Kmartin last night. A pass first PG wont help players make wide open shots they missed before.

we need a guy that can just go out & get buckets, take load off harden.

9. rocketsmetalspd

Hoping for that player to be had by the trading deadline and for a true backup Center.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The combination of Smoove + DMo should have been enough to give the Clippers their own bouts of agony on the defensive end as well. The Rocket defense is thoroughly broken. Just not enough resistance on the perimeter or the post and combine that with shots just not falling all of a sudden and you see the free after the Rox were leading or tied most of the 3rd going into the 4th.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

* free fall

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Meh. This was nothing more than a schedule loss. That's why we settled for all those threes. It was a close game in the 4th quarter and then they ran away with it. Not a huge surprise.

The win @ PHX was very important because of possible implications of them trading Dragic. So if I had to pick one game to win, I'd pick the PHX game.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, we keep shooting three, and turned the ball over by driving into the traffic. At some point, we need figure out how to take two points or we would have a big trouble in the playoff.

1 person likes this.
  14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When Harden takes a fall from grace, it is mighty hard..