1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 12/19/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2019.

1. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Oh, I know it didn't.

You Harden haters are always the same when we lose a game. First you jump on Harden when things are looking badly but go into hiding when he carries us to wins, which is like 95% of the time.

Harden has never really had the support like other big teams have had since he joined the Rockets. He definitely hasn't had another superstar - who is still in his prime - besides Westbrook. He really hasn't had the luck of the draw; we've literally met an OP warriors team most of our playoffs. Oh, if you're basing it off him having 2 really bad games against the Spurs in the playoffs, then by all means use that as your reason for trading Harden. He's had way more good games than bad games in the playoffs. But you guys always make out he's been terrible in every single playoff game.

There are plenty of reasons of why we haven't won a championship under Harden..... and Harden isn't the reason. 1) We haven't really had a good coach. Mike isn't bad, but I think he's very weak in certain areas. 2) As I said again, Harden really hasn't had the consistent good support as other teams have had in the playoffs..... or even in the regular season. 3) He's mostly come up against one of the best teams of all time in the playoffs. 4) Not to mention, we wouldn't even made the playoffs last season if it weren't for Harden. We had no CP3, Gordon, House, Capela for a lot of the games last season. We were like 11-14, 14th in the west and no hope of getting in the playoffs. Harden carried us to 4th in a tough conference.

You're making out like trading and replacing Harden is easy. He's one of the best players in the league (definitely the most unguardable player in the league), still in his prime, and he's extremely healthy. Who exactly can you replace him with? Please tell me. I would like to hear who your realistic option is to replace Harden with.

D-rock, Gray_Jay, Blurr#7 and 7 others like this.
  2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Teams that can take the rims away from us are pretty successful against us so far. Clippers are one of those teams that cannot do that against us.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Also dont forget, and its a very underrated aspect, Harden has never had a GREAT CROWD...TC crowd is pathetic and a great crowd can win you games in basketball.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

this.

LOFs here honestly believe and do their best to convince others that the rockets havent won a chip BECAUSE of Harden

in reality Rockets haven't won a chip DESPITE of Harden

Blurr#7, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

I cannot take you seriously if you want to blow up this team after ONE season.

Unless what you are really trying to say is that you want to get rid of James Harden. If so, you really do not remember what it was like before Rockets acquired Beard.

There are no guarantees with draft picks and/or lesser players. Harden is a historically great player, one day you will appreciate him and it will be too late.

Reeko, Tfor3, Hakeemtheking and 2 others like this.
  6. vlaurelio

If one doesnt appreciate harden then they prolly arent really true bball fans

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Vague statement though.

I am happy, Robert Horry went to win 7 ships and didn't even have to be a long term starter on some of them teams.

I appreciated his clutch shots.

Dun even need to be a Bball fan to know that role players are as important as having stars on a team.

And I am sure people who dun watch Bball games, can still appreciate Harden's beard.

8. vlaurelio

Lol morey appreciates him
    Cp3 does
    All his teammates does
    Luka does
    All those kids around the world with their stepback 3s

So who so you think can replace harden and you can truly appreciate??

Blurr#7 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is clever enough to realize he cannot win a ship being a one man show and reeling off those ridiculous shot attempts.

Now he has to trust in Westbrook and others.

A true bball fan can appreciate all kind of things, Harden is just one part of the BBall experience, there are others.

There is also World Basketball without the US being involved, care to watch Euro League?

10. vlaurelio

Lol so harden isnt trusting thats why the rockets havent won anythign lol

You miss dwight right??

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

No idea what you're rambling about.

No one ever knows what's next or who the next star is going to be when you blow a team up and move to the next era. No one said itd be a seamless transition to another better star.

But when you've reached your ceiling its time to move on. It's the same reason okc moved Westbrook and George. They didnt have an immediate answer for who was next. No one does. But one thing is for sure, at some point when you realize it's as good as it gets you move on.

If this season ends the same as seasons past then I'd consider a total rehaul. Your long winded non sensical posts doesn't change that.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

One season?

No clue what you're even talking about.

Tfor3 likes this.
  13. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Of course you don't know what I'm rambling on about. You Harden haters are blind to facts.

You keep going on about this "rehaul" and about trading one of our best players of all time, yet you still haven't told us how we could realistically do that.

So.... we trade Harden? What's next? We basically have no picks, because we basically gave all away for the Westbrook deal.... unless you forgot about that one, and we have no realistic good cap space and we don't have the best depth in the league as it is. So you're basically saying we have to tank the next 4 or 5 years just so Harden isn't there.

Reeko, vlaurelio, Tfor3 and 1 other person like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Westbrook has not even played 1 season with Rockets, this is a new team. Westbrook adds a whole new wrinkle elevating team from bottom of League to the top in pace.

Can you comprehend this difference?

hakeem94 and Tfor3 like this.
  15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Just answer his question. Who are you going to replace harden with? Your only answer is blow it up?
    You cannot be seriously claiming we are at the harden-ceiling no matter how the season ends.
    You want to turn us into the Houston Hawks or Pelicans.
    No thanks.

Westbrook in OKC the last few yrs was the fossil remains of the KD, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka Thunder era team. Pairing PG with Westbrook was OKC's pathetic attempt to squeeze 1 more drop from Westbrook before they shut the door on that history. Harden in Houston is a different situation- the whole franchise is built around him from day 1 in Houston.

#1655 Tfor3, Dec 21, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think I've stated everything pretty clearly.

You can go back and just re-read what I wrote already if you still have questions. I pretty much stopped reading after the first few lines since it's the exact opposite of what I actually said.

What I'm not going to do is get into a long debate about this stuff. I dont really come here for that. Just mostly game threads to air out excitement and frustration during games. If you all want to get into the back and forth probably want to take it somewhere else cuz I'll just ignore it and keep it moving.

#1656 xtruroyaltyx, Dec 21, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

simple question. trade harden for who/what?

D-rock, CK Johnson and Tfor3 like this.
  18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This is just silly.

We have one the best players in the world, but just because we aren't winning championships, the best thing is to blow it up? That Thunder team is a terrible example. They were eliminated in the 1st round for the last three years which is why they blew it up.

With the Rockets, you keep shifting pieces around knowing damn well you've made it to the semis and conference finals a couple of times.

You think Nowitzkis Mavs or Olajuwons Rockets should of blown it up just because they weren't winning championships? Lol. Jesus.

Change the coach, change the pieces around, don't change the player that makes you great. If Harden suddenly wants to leave, then yeah, go ahead, do what you need to do. No way in hell you blow it up though when you have a damn good player that you actually do advance in the playoffs.

You guys act as if rebuilding is a sure thing.

Reeko, hakeem94, Patience and 3 others like this.
  20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member